Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am asking general opinions on these three models. The Nauticstar I found has a 115hp while the others have 150 hp. will the Key West ride better, drier with the Caroline flair? Will the 115 be a regret? Opinions on build quality of brands? Key west is coming in higher than the others.

Nausticstar 211 Angler 20 foot-9 inch (115 hp Yamaha) least cost boat..its a 2017)
http://www.nauticstarboats.com/boats/sport-deck-boats/211-angler/

Key West 203 FS, 20 foot 3 inches (150 hp Yamaha) most expensive ...better ride and quality?
http://www.keywestboatsinc.com/boats/show/id/48

Wellcraft 202 Fisherman, 20 foot 2 inches (150 hp Yamaha) a lot of people do not seem to know this one too well
http://www.wellcraft.com/us/boat/202-fisherman

Thank you for your thoughts.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
A friend had a 19' KW years back, and I was VERY impressed w/how well it rode. I think it was a bit on the heavy side, which is likely part of why it rode so smoothly. If I were in the market for a KW, I'd go for max rated HP (because of the weight). Actually, I'd prefer max HP on any boat!

·
Registered
129 Posts
The Key West would be my choice, but the 219 is a lot more boat with 8'6 beam and deeper vee with a step and more gas. Go with a Zuke for spinning a bigger prop. The extra length will able to fish the nipple, edge and closer on good days.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
To get the best results to your question, you should ask "what kind (if any) boat do you currently own.... There plenty of people on here that don't know the difference between the pointy end and the flat end of a boat (or the difference from a river jon boat and a offshore CC)... boat advise is like a buttholes. everyone has one... and most are willing to share theirs with you... lol

My Brothers, wife's, third cousins, brother in law had a ___________ in 1972 and loved it until the divorce, then he burned it in the driveway...

I have a GW 25 Ft CC, If I had to choose from these three, it would be the Key West.

·
Bearded Brotula
11,777 Posts
To get the best results to your question, you should ask "what kind (if any) boat do you currently own.... There plenty of people on here that don't know the difference between the pointy end and the flat end of a boat (or the difference from a river jon boat and a offshore CC)... boat advise is like a buttholes. everyone has one... and most are willing to share theirs with you... lol

My Brothers, wife's, third cousins, brother in law had a ___________ in 1972 and loved it until the divorce, then he burned it in the driveway...

I have a GW 25 Ft CC, If I had to choose from these three, it would be the Key West.
Who do you hang out with that shares buttholes??:blink:

·
Registered
422 Posts
I cant imagine having one bait still alive when you get to a spot with that wellcraft. the bait well in the bow those baits wouldn't last too long

·
Registered
320 Posts
Cape Horn22 OS

i bought a 22 OS Cape Horn last spring brand new and if you want a great fishing boat then take a look at them .... you want be disappointed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts