Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to add some accessory track to our OK Prowler 13's. We are also thinking of getting new yaks this fall/winter. So my question is this. Is there an industry standard on tracks? I'd hate to buy accessories for the current yaks to not have them fit the new ones. If there is no standard, it there one that the OEM market tends toward or one that you guys prefer?

I've looked around here locally (Montgomery, AL) and no one carries any to look at. There is a decent kayak shop about 20 miles from here that I have not checked yet. But I am likely to order them online. So I am not restricted in what to buy.

Any opinions or other relevant aspects on which track to buy is welcome!

·
Registered
421 Posts
There are only a two dominant brands of yak accessories, Scotty and Yak Attack. I think the track size is standardized, so you can use either brand accessories with whichever track you install (this needs confirmation). I haven't installed any rails on my yak, but when I was looking it I concluded I wanted a (slightly more expensive) metal track.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I def want metal track. I want to use it for rod holders and maybe a dash rail. I dont want a big king or striper grabbing my bait and ripping the rod holder off of a plastic rail. LOL

I was thinking of getting some new yaks here in the next month or so, but the ones that my wife likes are $3K each! She like those new Feel Free Dorados. :-O At least as far as we can tell from internet vids. I was thinking more in the $1000-$1500 range. In the mean time, I want to add some accessories to the ones that we have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts