Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late 2010 me and my cousin are going to take a 10-14 day trip around florida with the sole purpose of fishing. I'm thinking a couple days in charlotte harbor fishing with tadd, a couple days in key west fishing with bear, then a day or two fishing mosquito lagoon with a guide...plus a few days here and there just on our own wandering around. The original plan was a week at the tropic star lodge...but without going into a lot of detail, we can't leave the country or even the state of FL. So if you had two weeks to drive around FL where would you go and what would you fish for? and if anyone knows a good guide in the IRL area let me know

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tell you what chase...depending on what boat you have at the time sitting in your yard....you're more than welcome to tag along and bring the boat. Hell we'll even stay 3 weeks instead of two since we won't spend as much money on guides

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,258 Posts
I would say Dry Tortugas for grouper but if yall criminals ain't allowed to leave the state then that would be out. A trip up the Tami-ami trail would be nice for skinny water action. Bahia bch. or is it Bonita bch.(been a while) south of clearwater is a really nice secluded area or at least it was back in the early 90's. Probably looks like downtown Tampa by now!

·
Super Moderator
19,476 Posts
biggamefishr (12/21/2009)I tell you what chase...depending on what boat you have at the time sitting in your yard....you're more than welcome to tag along and bring the boat. Hell we'll even stay 3 weeks instead of two since we won't spend as much money on guides
Bad news Josh, I sold the Ranger Bay and Banshee Extreme today. I can get the Lake and Bay.:letsdrink

·
Registered
412 Posts
A Lake and Bay would be perfect around Pine Island.If not, guides are around.Check out the Tarpon Lodge website or Pine IslandSoundfor fishing info. If you're big into the night life though, the Island is definitely "old Florida", couple bars maybe. Good eats all over the place though! I think the Tarpon Lodge and the Lazy Flamingo will "cook your catch" .

:letsdrink

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would defenitly go to the tampa bay area, good fishing this time of the year. They have a very good night life as well. If you do decide to go there let me know i used to live there and have a friend who is a guide in that area who would be more than happy to help catch some fish. He does alot of snook, tarpon, and top water grouper this time of the year. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
For fresh water action, I would go to the Saint Johns River around the Deland area, north or south. Some very remote areas can be found, small townsand awesome waterways.

A trip down the west coast to the Everglades and into Everglades City and Chokoloskee. Some very awesome history of Florida found there, and access to Ten Thousand Islands. Then up and around the big lake Okeechobee, then up the east side of Florida to the Deland areawould be a very nice trip, both by road andthe fishing experiences.

Man what a dream!!!!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
you have to stop in the big bend area cedar key or steinhatchee. to do some trout fishing the grouper fishing there is top notch aswell. we try to go there every summer for a weeks vacation. you can find some pretty nice lodges with all the amenities too. and most of them have boat ramps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts