Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on a couple of days fishing on Friday and Saturday. Any suggestions? We have a boat capable of going 35-40 miles offshore from Orange Beach, but just don't know what to try for this time of year. Thought we could troll for bull reds off the beach, but if there might be a chance to catch an AJ or two off of some structure without going 60 miles out, we could do it. Also, what about trolling this time of year--I saw where someone went to trysler grounds, and we could easily get to the nipple. Would we have any chance of hooking up with a tuna or wahoo out there? By now you can tell that we are somewhat new at this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Just taking some friends out who don't get much offshore time, so whatever we hook up with will be fun.

Thanks,

·
Registered
148 Posts
Don't go out of OB, but out of P'cola pass, there is a pretty solid AJ bite on most of the deeper public wrecks with good relief, as well as on the edge. We have seen a few almaco jacks as well on on the edge. No one seems to be able to find the mingos currently, but I'm sure they're out there somewhere. You could always entertain your friends catching and releasing snapper all day long.

·
Registered
205 Posts
When I cant find the redfish in the winter I go to the shallower rigs out of fort morgan 50-80 ft. You can catch snapper to 15 lbs.,bull reds, some smaller grouper, triggerfish and several others.You may not be able to keep alot but you can reel until you get tired of catching. We use butterfly jigs or live bull minnows on the bottom and you will have a blast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts