Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some fiberglass, maintenance, and accessory work done on my center console. Any

recommendations in the P'cola area as to who does a good job and stands behind their work?

I've heard Posner is good (though expensive), and others say I oughta' go to Ship's Chancellory

in Destin. All suggestions welcome, including pointing me to a capable "shade tree" guy...

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
For your fiberglass work i would go with Big Mikes Fiberglass. He is a member on here. Adding new stuff to you boat i would go with Tony Blanton. (VOODOO LOUNGE) a member also. For maintenance i would go to Kenny Mann at Emerald Coast Marine. Yep, he is a member also!!

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
Billie Weldon in Destin does side jobs and is awesome, he also doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I can get his number for you if you need it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd appreciate his #, though I'm hoping to find someone in Pcola/GB. I have an older "semi-

project" boat and will be restoring it bit by bit, and don't want to fight that traffic to and from

Destin anymore than I have to. Still, for good work fairly priced, it would be worth the trip if I

can't find a local.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
If you do decide on Destin, Ships Chandler & especially their man Mack((?, think I gothis nameright!!)) are EXCELLENT!! They were offering $20-offhourly labor prices recently. Our boat is sitting over there right now. =)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Elton Bowling Fiberglass they do great work at a reasonable price! Ask for Elton or Jimmy. They are right across the street from Marine Max on Airport 484-4556.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Call Kenny at emerald coast marine for motor work. He will also let you know who he suggests for the rest of the stuff

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
If you want to make the trip to Milton, Marshall Stewart is the guy. He brought my boat back from dead for about 1/2 the price that everyone else quoted. He's retired and won't have it done for you tomorrow, but you won't find anyone else as honost and good hearted as Marshall. I can give you his number if your interested.

Mark

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
If you have a Mercury or Yamaha I'd be glad to take a look at it for the motor work and I can do the install wor as well. I have a good fiberglass guy on call. I'm in Navarre. Give me a call.

·
Registered
140 Posts
LITECATCH (12/5/2009)For your fiberglass work i would go with Big Mikes Fiberglass. He is a member on here. Adding new stuff to you boat i would go with Tony Blanton. (VOODOO LOUNGE) a member also. For maintenance i would go to Kenny Mann at Emerald Coast Marine. Yep, he is a member also!!
+1 for Big Mikes Fiberglass he did awesome glass work for me.

:usaflag

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I?ve had quite a few jobs done by Elton Bowling and he?s always done a great job and stands behind his work. Like an earlier post said he?s directly across the street from Marine Max in P?Cola.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts