Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be in Pensacola, staying out on the beach, between Christmas and New Years and would like some suggestions where and how to fish.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you're not going to be fishing from a boat, then you can try for pompano off the beach, or sheepshead around somewhere where there's pilings or some type of structure. Shrimp is a good bait, sand fleas also work for pompano and sheepshead both.

·
Registered
515 Posts
When I'm at the beach w/ family for Christmas, I usually cast out a rod as far as I can get it with a 3 oz weight (more or less depending on the surf) with a piece of cut mullet. Put it in a PVC holder and then I hang out with the family and toss around the football. If you hear the drag start to sing you may have a redfish. Not sure where you're coming from but make sure you look at the FL regs to check size limits before you keep anything. Also, just about any of the bait and tackle shops you might stop at in the area will usually be more than happy to give you tips and set you up with the proper gear for the area and conditions you'll be fishing. I usually catch fish on blind luck but this works for me from time to time. Hopefully others will chime in w/ advice. Good luck and enjoy your stay!:toast

Edit: Check the Surf fishing reports section or look up the previous posts by j purdy. He seems to do quite well w/ the pomps.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Halfmoon (12/22/2007)Drew ya staying in town?
More than likely heading to lilweezyanna pending my transportation situation. Might try for some winter specks and reds over that way though. Bringing the light setup along just incase.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Well If you want to fish Off the Beach you can catch some bluefish,Bo bo's {Bonita}, Redfish and some whiting and a few pompano,you can get the Po,Reds,Wh,on live or dead shrimp or sand fleas the Blue's will Hit anything you throw out, If you are fishing from a Boat They are catching a lot of Nice white trout, Black drum, Redfish,and sheepshead around the bridges, Hope this will Help

Merry Christmas Everyone!! and tight line's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts