Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I would say the pier would be great. The bull reds should be running along the beach in the winter and you can pick them up easily. I remember in the winter time that the action was too much. It was me and another guy fishing at midnight in December. We had three rods out and all three had a red on at the same time! I had to actually put a rod with a 40 pound fish in the rod holder while I reeled in the other. I would go to the pier in the incoming months if you want some action.:toast

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info., what about the flats for specks and reds? What flats would be recommended without a boat?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
First Catch (10/3/2007)Thanks for the info., what about the flats for specks and reds? What flats would be recommended without a boat?
I would go to woodlawn beach area or around big sabine(next to Portofino towers). You can wade out there along the grass with a topwater and catch a lot. I have been around those two areas on my boat and kayak and the action has been great.Big Sabine has a bunch of specks now. Get a small chug or skitterwalk with some florocarbon and you should get a hit every other cast. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
opus68 (10/6/2007)Where is Big Sabine Bay, or Portifino towers?[/quote

Portofino towers are the big red towers at the end of the beach road heading east. I think there are like 5 of them bunched together. Continue heading east for about 1 mile and you will see a cove of shallow water. It is only about 3 feet deep full of grass. If you cant find it, you can look for kite surfers or fisherman wading out. Its a pretty popular spot so you shouldn't missit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts