Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day all. My family and I recently moved to the gulf Breeze area from Las Vegas. My kids have been wanting to go crabbing since we arrived and I was wondering if there were any good places to take them. I live near tiger point area. Thanks for any info

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,986 Posts
Anywhere that you can wade knee-deep in saltwater. The Gulf, Esc Bay, Sound Side, Navarre, etc. Take a dip net and scoop 'em up. I think the minimum size limit is 3" across the back. Might want to wait a few days until the water calms down tho.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anywhere that you can wade knee-deep in saltwater. The Gulf, Esc Bay, Sound Side, Navarre, etc. Take a dip net and scoop 'em up. I think the minimum size limit is 3" across the back. Might want to wait a few days until the water calms down tho.
Thanks for the info. I went out to oriole beach the other day and saw a lady with a few nice ones hand lining. I want to try that as well. Is there a specific time of year that is better or is it pretty much constant

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,986 Posts
You could go to Bob Sikes bridge or the 3-mile bridge and drop hand line crab traps. Apt to get more there, but probably not all that fun for the kids, unless you give them a fishing pole. They're always out there. Catch 'em year 'round.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have lived here in the great nation of Baghdad, Florida 52 years.Crabbing is great and easy. Go to a grocery store buy chicken necks. 2 for each kid. Using a zebco rod reel 33 or the like. Go to the west bank of Fort Pickins sand have kids through necks out. Takes a while but they will come and as you pull them in watch the fun. Couple of dollars for I Love Lucy Comedy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts