Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to pensacola and Im desperate to catch some reds but i dont have a boat can someone help me out and tell me where some good spots are to catch redfish without a boat

·
Registered
201 Posts
fishing off the beach is as good of place as any for big bulls.....the closer to the pass the better

if you are looking for slot sized reds i'd recommend going over to gulf breeze and hitting up shoreline boat ramp and walk along the beach and work the different docks and other structure around the grass beds

good luck

·
Registered
42 Posts
Before I got a boat I would go behind johnson's beach and catch slot reds almost every trip, best luck always right around dusk. Live or cut mullet or menhaden fished on the bottom (live is best), making sure to land on a sandy spot between grass beds. The third walkway on the left is where the marked channel comes closest to the beach and was my favorite spot. But yeah if you want to catch big ones go to the pass.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I would go wade out along the grass flats near Big Sabine or Woodlawn Beach. Since your new here, Big Sabine is about a mile past those big red towers(Portofino Towers)on P'cola beach. There are 5 of them next to each other and Big Sabine is a little cove of shallow grassy water next to it. Use a topwater skitterwalk, chug, popping cork, and maybe some live shrimp to catch them. I have caught and hooked up on many reds there. Good Luck!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts