Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to buy a few dozen to grill, anybody know who sells them without having to buy a whole bunch.

Thanks

Sky

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
RON - you are the guru at this but isn't that the place that sold GROUPER that was test and found out NOT TO BE GROUPER???????

Hard to get away from a whole oyster in the shell but still...........

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Got a box from Pattis on Saturday. Marias has them in a paper bag of 10# sometimes, but I've seen you. Don't go kidding around with a paper sack, man. Get the man size portion and live a little!

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
patti's for appilach...i'll split a box with you sky...hell, i'll buy and give you what you need...i'm thinking of some for this weekend...anyone want to come eat some? i've been eating them since i was a little kid...before "cocktail" sauce...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yup, I always hit Patti's! I am thinkin' of gettin' some myself...maybe we should just have a oyster shuckin' and all get together! :letsdrink

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Deeplines (11/26/2007)RON - you are the guru at this but isn't that the place that sold GROUPER that was test and found out NOT TO BE GROUPER???????

Hard to get away from a whole oyster in the shell but still...........

MY BAD..... :doh

I looked it up and it was MARINA'S oyster barn that test positive for asian catfish. MARIA'S WAS THE "ONLY ONE" That tested positive for REAL GROUPER. :blush:

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
alright mitch...i'm bringing the sters..bump your post back up there...we're going to try to come and i'll stop at patti's on our way...i'm an oyster shuckin' machine...

got your pm murph...

·
Registered
689 Posts
We went through 2 boxes of oysters the night before thanksgiving from patties.... Man they were good! Once they opened we put some garlic butter sauce on em, let it melt for a bit, then went to town!:letsdrink

·
Registered
724 Posts
joe pattis and marias. both good prices. both have apalach. seems like pattis oysters are usually cleaner. if out by midway daves oyster bar is good choice too. they only get apalach he says and they are throroughly washed and ready to shuck. a little more money though but worth it not to have to make a separate trip into pensacola AND they are already clean

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I have driven by Dave's a coupel times and wondered if his oysters were any good. I'll have to stop in and get some one day. But if I get sick I am blaming you:letsparty:moon

·
Registered
185 Posts
We selected a sack full of oyster shells and soaked them in clorox a couple of days then run them thru the dish washer. Whenever We want some grilled We pick up a pint or quart and reuse the shells over and over.

I'm als 2.5 hours away from the coast but I can't tell the difference.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I bought 50 pounds last night from Joe Pattis' and me and my buddies ate all of them. They were awesome.

just can't wait for crawfish season to come back in... gotta love those mudbugs!

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
kTkGreenGo (11/27/2007)I bought 50 pounds last night from Joe Pattis' and me and my buddies ate all of them. They were awesome.

just can't wait for crawfish season to come back in... gotta love those mudbugs!
How much did you have to give for them? I am coming down in a few weeks to peek at the boat and may want to stop in and get a bushel. Thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
We bought them for 30 bucks. yup... 30 bucks.

We were also eating the louisiana ones. They tasted great the first time so we decised if it ain't broke don't fix it.

But yea 15 a flat.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts