Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know lots of people say that I will get better prices on ATVs in Mississippi rather than here in Pensacola. Do any of you have any suggestions as far as dealerships, here or anywhere close by?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
It has been quite a while but at one time Hattiesburg Cycles was the place to go. No personal experience with them though

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
I price em online then go to Hattiesburg. Use to be easy to get price from Halls, but now they want phone # crap

Bought my wifes Can Am from Hatiesburg 3 or 4 years ago, 1500 cheaper than halls and almost 4k cheaper than PMS here in Pensacola

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,864 Posts
Brookhaven, Hattiesburg, Laurel, will give you best prices within reasonable driving distance. Call all 3 of em.

I wouldnt spend a penny at any Halls.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again guys, I really do appreciate the help. My kid joined the Air Force, child support payments are a thing of the past, and I just got promoted at work. We're renovating our house to sell so I'm not trying to go nuts, this is the only toy I'm buying.

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,548 Posts
Same experience with Pensacola Motorsports. I was looking at a new dirt bike for my kid a couple months ago. They had what I wanted but over a $1,000 more than Hattisburg. I get the "we are barely making money at the price listed spill". Then I drop the Hattisburg price on him and all of a sudden they can drop $750 off. I still went to Hattisburg on principal and I was still saving $400 by the time PMS put in all their dealer crap. I also over heard the other sales man giving the same line, verbatim, to another customer. I guess people just walk in and pay whats on the tag.... Not me!

And Hattisburg gave me a great price up front. No haggling or sales pitch.

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Just for comparison purposes you might want to check Southernhonda.com.
I’ve never bought from them but have seen some great end-of-season sales.
They are in Chattanooga but I believe they also opened a store in Orlando.

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
One caveat:
Several years ago a buddy of mine went to Jackson Alabama and bought a Yamaha.
The dealer actually advertised that Florida residents do not pay sales tax.
My friend figured that would save $400 or $500.
So he went and bought it and paid no sales tax.
6 months later he got a letter from the Florida Dept of Revenue saying that he owed the tax plus interest and penalties, so apparently they watch for that sort of thing on big ticket items.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
One caveat:
Several years ago a buddy of mine went to Jackson Alabama and bought a Yamaha.
The dealer actually advertised that Florida residents do not pay sales tax.
My friend figured that would save $400 or $500.
So he went and bought it and paid no sales tax.
6 months later he got a letter from the Florida Dept of Revenue saying that he owed the tax plus interest and penalties, so apparently they watch for that sort of thing on big ticket items.
He either financed it or registered it and gave actual sale price. There is no other reason you pay sales tax for one in Al, for a FL resident

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Pensacola Motorsports should be reading this.
Pensacola Motorsport has been terrible for a long time. They are not going to change their ways. I’m a Honda guy. Laurel Mississippi has the best price. For service I drive all the way to Thomasville Al. That’s how bad Pensacola motor sports is. Jackson in Andalusia used to be good but since the old man died it has really gone down hill.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I bought mine last year from Honda of Laurel; saved over 2k compared to Pensacola. Called ahead and they had it ready. Easy transaction with good folks.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I buy from Hall's Honda in Mobile . be sure to check out the specials and new left overs.
bought my wife a used 700 Pioneer for $5K and she loves it on our investment property
16.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts