Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">WHERE TO BUY AMERICAN GASOLINE. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON.

Are you aware that the Saudis are screwing Americans every day?
They are forcing oil prices to rise by holding back supplies.....

Shouldn't we return the favor? Can't we take control of our own destiny and let these giant oil importers know who REALLY generates their profits, their livings? How about leaving American Dollars in America and reduce the import/export deficit?

An appealing remedy might be to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up your car you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia . Just purchase gas from companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fil l up my tank, I'm sending my money to people who want me, my family, our soldiers and my friends dead.

The following gas companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell....................................... 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco...................... 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil........................... 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway......... .... 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco..................................... 62,231,000 barrels

And CITGO oil is imported from Venezuela by Dictator Hugo Chavez who hates America and openly avows our economic destruction! (Through CITGO We pay the Chavez regime nearly $10 Billion per year in oil revenues! No wonder he laughs at us so readily)

The U.S. currently imports 5,517,000 barrels of crude oil per day from OPEC. If you do the math at $100 per barrel, that's over $550 million PER DAY ($200 BILLION per year!) handed over to OPEC, many of whose members are our confirmed enemies!!!!! It won't stop here - oil prices could go to $200 a barrel or higher if we keep buying their product..

Here are some large companies THAT DO NOT import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco......................... 0 barrels
Conoco......................... 0 barrels
Sinclair........................ 0 barrels
BP / Phillips................ 0 barrels
Hess. ............................... 0 barrels
ARC0................................. 0 barrels
Maverick......................... 0 barrels
Flying J. ............................ 0 barrels
Valero.............................. 0 barrels
Murphy Oil USA* .............. 0 Sold at Wal-Mart , gas is from South Arkansas and fully USA owned and produced.

*Not only that but they give scholarships to all children in their town who finish high school and are legal US citizens..

All of this information is available from the U.S. Department of Energy as each company is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have alway bought my gas at tom thumb ( citgo ) because of one reason, they let me pump ( and fill ) my tank before paying. Almost always pay cash. I can not predict how much my tank is going to hold and I hate paying before pumping. But make a good point so in the future I will head on to Walmart ( Murphy ) . I do believe they will let you pay before pumping. Only problem I have seen with that is water pours out of my tailpipe when I buy from there. Does drip but does not pour out from other places like it does from walmart.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I do not suggest trusting everything SNopes.com puts out but good to check and see what input they have (they do trend to the liberal side of issues).

Take a look at this. Looks like this email was pretty well busted.

·
Praedator
9,922 Posts
I guess it's time to let everyone know again where our gas comes from and how it gets here to Pensacola.

Whether you buy your gas as Shell, Citgo, BP, or where ever else here in the Pensacola area, it comes from the same source. Our downtown terminal. Our gas is transported by pipeline from Montgomery, AL to Mobile, AL. At that point the gas is shipped by barge to Pensacola.

Then each gas station orders what they need. The trucks then go down to the downtown terminal and swipe their specific card for the specific brand. If it's Shell, it will mix the detergents that Shell puts in their gasoline right there into the truck. If it's Citgo, it does the same for them as well. But the raw gas is the same exact gas.

So buy your gas where you want. I'll buy it at where ever is the cheapest. It's the same rawgas. If it's "Foreign" gas that get's piped to Mobile then to us by barge, that is the gas that is at every station in the area.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Telum Pisces (12/21/2009)I guess it's time to let everyone know again where our gas comes from and how it gets here to Pensacola.

Whether you buy your gas as Shell, Citgo, BP, or where ever else here in the Pensacola area, it comes from the same source. Our downtown terminal. Our gas is transported by pipeline from Montgomery, AL to Mobile, AL. At that point the gas is shipped by barge to Pensacola.

Then each gas station orders what they need. The trucks then go down to the downtown terminal and swipe their specific card for the specific brand. If it's Shell, it will mix the detergents that Shell puts in their gasoline right there into the truck. If it's Citgo, it does the same for them as well. But the raw gas is the same exact gas.

So buy your gas where you want. I'll buy it at where ever is the cheapest. It's the same rawgas. If it's "Foreign" gas that get's piped to Mobile then to us by barge, that is the gas that is at every station in the area.
:withstupid

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
alanbarck (12/21/2009)
Telum Pisces (12/21/2009)I guess it's time to let everyone know again where our gas comes from and how it gets here to Pensacola.

2 stupids dont make a right. if this was true???? then chavez still owns citgo and you are giving him the profits from whoevers gas they sell. he hates the U.S. more than the middle east

·
Registered
490 Posts
FISHBOXFULL (12/21/2009)
alanbarck (12/21/2009)

2 stupids dont make a right. if this was true???? then chavez still owns citgo and you are giving him the profits from whoevers gas they sell. he hates the U.S. more than the middle east

Thats right keep the MONEY IN THE U.S.A.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
FLbeachbum (12/21/2009)So.... Is it not possible to only purchase domestic gas??

gas is not the problem its who sells it...thats who gets the money....citgo= chavez(known hater of the USA) dont know who owns the others but thats what you have to look at

·
Registered
433 Posts
Telum, is correct my dad drove a truck for many years and what he is telling you is correct It all comes from a main terminal in pcola and the additives are added there.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
So follwing the above mentioned logic, purchasing from this group is still the best option:

Here are some large companies THAT DO NOT import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco......................... 0 barrels
Conoco......................... 0 barrels
Sinclair........................ 0 barrels
BP / Phillips................ 0 barrels
Hess. ............................... 0 barrels
ARC0................................. 0 barrels
Maverick......................... 0 barrels
Flying J. ............................ 0 barrels
Valero.............................. 0 barrels
Murphy Oil USA* .............. 0 Sold at Wal-Mart , gas is from South Arkansas and fully USA owned and produced.

How many of the above are US domestic companies. I know Murphy is domestic, pretty sure BP is not, what about the others?

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
fisheye48 (12/21/2009)
FLbeachbum (12/21/2009)So.... Is it not possible to only purchase domestic gas??
gas is not the problem its who sells it...thats who gets the money....citgo= chavez(known hater of the USA) dont know who owns the others but thats what you have to look at
I will agree with that to a point. I do tend to shy away from CITGO because of the direct correlation to Venezuela and Chavez.Murphy Oil is an American companybut so are several of the others that are listed as importers of Middle East oil.You would have a hard time convincing me that any company that sells or buys petroleum products on the open market keeps track of where every barrel of crude oil flowing through their refinery first saw daylight. Some years their domestic crude production may keep up with their demand, other years itmay not and they will have to purchase crude on the open market to make up the difference. That oil would come from a broker who may or may not be filling the order with oil from domestic sources.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Am I supposed to believe that Walmart (Murphy oil) has an oil field in South Arkansas they get there oil from? For real?

I also think almost all the gas comes into the United States as crude oil and is refined, into gas or diesel, at various ports by AMERICANS an then is distributed.

What gas and diesel comes from TransMontaign or Mocar by the old Bayou Chico Bridge? There is a barge or two there a week.

Kinda funny the Navy Exchange sell Citgo.......................... well mabey kinda sad

Rock on and Happy Ho Ho Ho

BillD

·
Praedator
9,922 Posts
FISHBOXFULL (12/21/2009)
alanbarck (12/21/2009)

Actually, the profits go straight to the owner of the gas station. It is owned by an individual that lives and works right here in the good ole USA. The amount that might make it back to who ever in another county will be a tiny, tiny portion of the Franchise Fee. And I do mean TINY portion. Citgo US is based in Houston, Texas and employs about 4,000 US workers there. Trust me when I tell you that you will hurt more US workers than you will ole Chavez.

And the amount of profit that is made on Gas is negligable. All of a store's profits are made on the inside. Again, those profits go to the store owner. Do a little research into how the oil and gas markets, stations, and operations work. It's not as simple as some email sent to you telling you not to buy from a certain station because a parent company is owned by a certain foreign leader.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Telum Pisces (12/22/2009)
FISHBOXFULL (12/21/2009)
alanbarck (12/21/2009)

Actually, the profits go straight to the owner of the gas station. It is owned by an individual that lives and works right here in the good ole USA. The amount that might make it back to who ever in another county will be a tiny, tiny portion of the Franchise Fee. And I do mean TINY portion. Citgo US is based in Houston, Texas and employs about 4,000 US workers there. Trust me when I tell you that you will hurt more US workers than you will ole Chavez.

And the amount of profit that is made on Gas is negligable. All of a store's profits are made on the inside. Again, those profits go to the store owner. Do a little research into how the oil and gas markets, stations, and operations work. It's not as simple as some email sent to you telling you not to buy from a certain station because a parent company is owned by a certain foreign leader.
You are not in control of where your crude originated from, it is bought and sold on the market every day and not really traceable. All gas shipped out of the Niceville terminal is a Citgo product....retail organizations can order from Pensacola, Montgomery, Niceville, Freeport(murphy) or Bainbridge. Anything much further away would not be cost effective to purchase.Telum iscorrect in that the additives are placed in the fuel at the bulk terminal to produce the brand. Having been a retail fuel equipment mechanic for 20 years I have seen the wrong Brands (additives) beingdelivered many times and no one ever knows the difference if you dont know what to look for!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts