Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting off the mainland next year in search of a big marlin and fun fishing. I dont really know when I will go, but I guess that all depends on when the best bite will be for a possible grander. I am leaning towards Kona Hawaii. Has anyone ever gone in hunt for big marlin. would love to hear some stories or places to go.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Kona is cool at certain types of year and there's all sorts of places along the Atlantic if you want exotic. But, with exotic comes long travel times, big seas and expense. St. Thomas in summer is good - Trip was there last year for a month. Mauritius and other places sound like fun, but personally, I think we all overlook Venice a bit too casually. Spend a week fishing everyday and you're likely to encounter some very nice fish. If Granders are what you want, then Kona may be your spot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
FISHING THE NORTH DROP( THE PUERTO RICO TRENCH)8 MI. OFF OF ST. THOMAS IS DEFINATELY A MUST IN JUNE AND JULY. EARLY IN THE SEASON SMALLER BLUES ARE VERY PLENTIFUL. 300-500LBS 10-16 BITES A DAY.(go when the moons are right) IN AUG AND SEPT. THE LATER PART OF THE SEASON THE BITES ARE NOT AS PLENTIFUL BUT THE BITES YOU GET WILL BE IN THE 450-1000LBS. RANGE. ST. THOMAS AND COSTA RICA ARE MY FAVORITE PLACES TO BILLFISH.I LOVE SAILFISHING IN COSTA RICA 10- 50 BITES IN A DAY. A GREAT BOAT TO FISH ON IN ST. THOMAS IS THE MARLIN PRINCE. 45 VIKING WITH CAPT. EDDIE OUT OF RED HOOK ST. THOMAS USVI.<SPAN class=a>www.[B]marlin[/B]prince.com.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts