Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
They are definitely scarce in Blackwater Bay. I did manage a couple slot reds this week, Both were caught over grass. Normally, I catch several when I go out. But lately, they've been hard to come by. Trout have been the same way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I launch at Brown's and fish the east side of the bay. The water isn't too warm. The Yellow River seems to keep the temp down. I do see more bass in the bay, when there's a lot of rain. I use soft plastics. I use different colors, but the redfish preferred the white ones the last few times out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tend to fish the grass in the intercoastal south of gulf breeze. I don’t have much luck with artificial.. live shrimp when I can get them seem to do best

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I will second the slow redfishing in Blackwater lately. I have not had many chances to fish but when I've gone I have barely scratched out one or two fish. I blame all the fresh stained water coming down stream right now from all the rain. Hoping for a little drier Fall - fall and winter are my favorite times for redfishing these days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts