Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and a few friends trying to do some shark fishing and need some places and ideas to help us out we aint never done it but really wanna try it please let us know something :usaflag

·
Whizzed off realist
2,528 Posts
Ask some fishermen in the hot summer months where they were reeling up heads and getting broken off by the toothey creatures. Ive seen 12' sharks here. Its not for the ill equipted. The local reefs and wrecks sometimes hold several big sharks at the same time. You are as likely to catch one at the Russian Freighter as the Edge. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
my first try would be in the water :poke but you could ease out to one of the local wrecks a little before dark to get set up and start chumming...you dont have to shark fish at dark...just is a little more pleasurable in the summer time...as far as gear i would go a little more than what i thought i needed...sharks have lots of teeth and muscle

·
Registered
170 Posts
We have went out and difted the pass before with a chunk of Bonita on and caught a 6' bull shark and a 6' black tip. Out at the bridge rubble my buddy was reeling in a Bonita and a 9 footer took the bonita and snapped the line.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Everytime I fish Dixie Bar I catch more sharks than Reds. We had a blast one day catching 4 footers while trolling. We had triples on with a few minutes each time we starting trolling. We were within a long cast from the west side of the beach at Ft. Morgan.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Fly a kite with a spanish off the beach when we get our first north winds in the fall. Might work today. Anywhere on the beach is good during the summer. It only gets better as the sun goes down. If you're using big bloody baits be sure to stay away from swimmers and crowds.

·
Registered
237 Posts
we caught a 6 1/2 ft black tip on the navy base where the light house is , we hooked another one that was pretty big but i didnt tie the not tight enough or something :banghead and i hooked up to another nice one one day right of the beach on a mangeled up cigar minnow , nothin more funner than catch sharks the only big game fish that you dont have to spend alot of money to go catch

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you can find a kayak,you can try what we used to do and paddle your bait out past the 2nd sandbar and we usually didn't do too bad... Only catch is it works a little better at night and a kayak can be a little scary out there after dark! Also see if you cant find a penn sennator 9/0 that's gotta be my favorite shark reel :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts