Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie with some quesions. Where have the fish gone in Pensacola pass? I started spearing/fishing around the area September 2013 -November 2013 and there were plenty fish on beach and pass area. I recently went diving a few times and there were no fish to be found and nothing biting. The water temp is back to where it was in November so I've ruled cold water theory out.

Side questions.....

I heard the pass was more calm with a north wind, truth?

Desperate to catch a mahi-mahi, is this possibly and when is the best time of year for this?

Any advice witless help, cheers!!!!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
From what I have seen, sheepshead and redfish are in the pass/bay especially near jetties. Offshore bottom fishing is getting better but the cold water is the factor here. Until the water gets in the low/mid 70's it isn't going to be too good.

Dolphin will not be close until the water gets much, much warmer unless you can get pretty far offshore. I have seen them close to the beach in September but still an offshore fish and don't expect them in the Pass at any point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info. I might try to go fish this weekend around the shipwreck by the pass and also fish the jetties. I have a small boat and trying to catch some fish Ive never caught before. I'm too used to the Redfish and Specs in Louisiana. Cant wait till it gets warmer!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Im assuming you mean the Mass. Be VERY careful over there. Sometimes its sticking out of the water and sometimes its not. Very easy to find it with your lower unit if youre not careful.

Also the current and waves can really build up around there.

Id head east and fish the three barges, mayor lane and the stuff around there. Better and SAFER fishing over there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts