Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has been discussed numerous times but have these guys been federalized to board vessels out past state waters? It finally happened to a buddy of mine some twenty five miles offshore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
yes sir they are....what was he ticketed for? sounds like the FINCAT got another one.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I always thought 24 miles was their limit, unless accompanied by the Coast Guard, then it goes out to 200 miles, but I have been wrong more than once in my life.

But it really shouldn't matter if you are a law-abiding citizen who is not breaking any federal or state fish and game laws.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always thought 24 miles was their limit, unless accompanied by the Coast Guard, then it goes out to 200 miles, but I have been wrong more than once in my life.

But it really shouldn't matter if you are a law-abiding citizen who is not breaking any federal or state fish and game laws.

No they were legal. Had a few tiles and some triggers. He said the warden was very professional and courteous. Asked if he could board and only checked the fish box. He and myself thought that their jurisdiction ended at 9 nautical miles. None of us have no problem at all with them doing their job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,080 Posts
And they can stop you on the highway or at the ramp if you are suspicious or someone has reported you.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
And they can stop you on the highway or at the ramp if you are suspicious or someone has reported you.
Like if I was bringing snapper back into the state from Alabama while our season is closed....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts