Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
This place is worth the ride to Fairhope or they have another location in Daphne. Market By The Bay. All fresh local seafood cooked to perfection. They are a fried fish and seafood style place. No foreign shrimp....only local shrimp. Oysters are incredible. They have about 10 tables in Daphne and maybe 20 in Fairhope. Prices are incredibly fair. I have taken people from out of town there that look forward to next years trip to get to go back to Market By The Bay...

Small place.... Wonderful family runs both of them...ya gotta look for it....but it is my kinda local seafood place...

Ronnie

·
Registered
524 Posts
Cosmo`s is a nice place with good food and not tooformal.Try their firecracker shrimp as a meal or appetizer. Going to OB on the canal road its on the left between J&M Tackle and the red light.

http://www.cosmosrestaurantandbar.com/

Ive lived a few miles from Lamberts and the old Wolf Bay Lodge for years and used to go to the lodge fairly often for lunch but their seafood platter has not got any better over the years and is now bumping $25 which is too much to me. Guy Harvey`s, nice place but theplatter was around 30 which I didnt get but whatever I got was overpriced and the margarita was not impressive either. I guess about 1/2 the price probably goes to overhead at the Wharf and Zekes.

If you like the homestyle stuff at Lamberts its ok for the $10 plates and all the sides you want. Catch all the rolls you want during your meal too, put a few under your hat to take home. Never go there because I think its mostly tourists coming through for their one trip and the line is out the door into the parking lot.

Gulf Island Grill in GS was good also, I gues they are still there.Its next door to Hooters

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Aegean Breeze in Gulf Breeze is great for fresh seafood. Can't go wrong with whatever the fresh fish of the day is.

Stay away from Peg Leg Pete's on the Beach.

·
Registered
859 Posts
we fish bon secour and finally found TIN TOP open. It was good but the atmosphere of LOCAL was wonderful. It is out of the way of "anything"--gotta know where it is. Lamberts....CHAIN< CHAIN< CHAIN> not impressed with any chain. Lamberts is nothing more than a buffet but without you scooping your own. There is a gas station off 59 that has the bEST fried chicken. And the old lULU's was a favorite but now that they have moved to the canal, occasionally it is fun to stop by for a bite.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Death From Above (9/28/2009)Aegean Breeze in Gulf Breeze is great for fresh seafood. Can't go wrong with whatever the fresh fish of the day is..

+1. well worth the drive over from gulf shores/orange beach imho. or from just about anywhere for that matter. my wife and i have been known to go to lunch or dinner, 2-3 hours away. aegean breeze is usually that kind of place.

another is rocky and carlos in chalmette. ifn you're in alabama already, then you have a head start. its 20 minutes southwest of nola

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
FishnLane (9/28/2009) There is a gas station off 59 that has the bEST fried chicken.
That would be DODGE'S......

Tore up many a chicken wings from that place. Never ate thier big chicken though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have to agree that Lambert's is really good...Cobalt is hard to beat though! If you get over to Pensacola though Joey Patti's has an awesome lunch! I also like the atmosphere at the Oar House...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I like the classics....Sea n Suds in Gulf Shores has cold beer and the best fried shrimp I've ever had and Chets in Pensacola has amazing marinated fried flounder n cheese grits. The Fish House in P'cola has Grits a Ya Ya that's hard to explain.. a little more upscale and fru fru, but amazing food.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I take trade in fishin trips plus now that I am an independent business owner, you can just call me and I ll come do dinner for 2..I do it all the time!

Seriously for $50.00 per person Ill do a 5 course meal and bring the wine...

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Decent sandwiches at Hub Staceys at Galvez Landing boat ramp.

Cactus Flower Cafe (California Mexican) on Gulf Beach Hwy.

Green's BBQ on Hwy 98 in Lillian for breakfast or southern lunch.

·
Registered
387 Posts
badazzchef (10/2/2009)I take trade in fishin trips plus now that I am an independent business owner, you can just call me and I ll come do dinner for 2..I do it all the time!

Seriously for $50.00 per person Ill do a 5 course meal and bring the wine...
that aint a bad price can u post a menu of choices?i deal with a lot of people that might want your card

·
Registered
478 Posts
I really like Moe's BBQ in orange beach. The pork and chicken is great my favorite is the Smoked chicken sandwich Bama style it is very good. They also have very good sides.

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
Cobalt has this New York Strip on a bed of Mac and Cheese that is AWE-FRICKIN-SOME!!

It sounds weird but trust me,,ok I'm getting some drool going...

·
Registered
28 Posts
last time I went to Pensacola with a buddy, we ate at a great Japanese place. I have no idea what the name was, but I have it in my GPS for next time. The place was crowded late, tucked into the back of a parking lot. Figured it must be good and it was great.

Also, can't believe nobody said Peg Leg Pete's. Despite the wait, I really like the food there. (but I am no local)

·
Registered
159 Posts
My personal favs: Cobalts, Cosmo's, Wolf Bay Lodge Restaurant, Bahama Bobs, Cafe Grazzie, Desoto's Kitchen, Sea and Suds and I do live in Gulf Shores. Lamberts is good if you haven't eaten for days and love heartburn :) LuLu's, Hangout, and Live Bait are good to check out some bands with dinner. Papa Rocco's, Mudbugs, and Pink Pony are fav's for little bars. Off the road Tin Top, Nikki's, Fish Camp (They'll clean and cook your fish). High End: Villagio's at the Wharf or Nix on the Beach. I hear King Neptune's is good but I never go there.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts