Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this topic covered a few months ago, but I can't find the post. I was wondering what are the locals favorite places to eat in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach/Foley area? Include all types of restaurants.

Rory

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Gulf Shores/Orange Beach:

Seafood- King Neptunes

Italian- Grazie

Steaks- Live Bait @ The Wharf

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
BigBrandon89 (9/28/2009)if u willing to stand in a line for an hour then difinately hit up landrys!!! best damn food ive EVER ate:hungry
Wheres Landry's? What kind of food is it?

·
Banned
2,215 Posts
dude i meant to say lamberts but landrys seafood house is amazing too

lamberts is in foley, it has like evrything u could imagine there.. its the place that literally throws yeast rolls at u

i always get the pork chops with all the sides

its good ole fashion southern cookin at its finest.. i think its the number 6 spot to eat in the country

throwedrolls.com

·
Registered
408 Posts
When asked about OB I always recommend:

For Great Food:

Cosmo's

Lagniappe

Cobalt

Wolf Bay Lodge for the family

For Fun:

Tacky Jack's

Pirates Cove

Good luck & have fun!!

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Breakfast - HAZELS on 59.

Not the one on the main strip. (Not even sure if they do the breakfast bar.)

Also what other options are you looking for. There are some good Chinese resturants on 59 by the outlet mall also. There are all about the same but some just have better or fresher sushi then the others.

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
BigBrandon89 (9/28/2009)dude i meant to say lamberts but landrys seafood house is amazing too

lamberts is in foley, it has like evrything u could imagine there.. its the place that literally throws yeast rolls at u

its good ole fashion southern cookin at its finest.. i think its the number 6 spot to eat in the country

throwedrolls.com
Eeew. You have issues.:poke

I like Papa Roco's down by the beach. Dirty, warm beer, great atmosphere.

Live Bait at The Wharf is great for suchi, steaks and about anything else as well.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Man after reading the other responses I realizedI forgot a bunch.

Down south on CR-10 is awesome BBQ with big portions and a great sauce.

Lamberts is good but I got food poisoning the first time I ate there and have been reluctant to go there since. I'll give it a shot again one day.

Cobalts is awesome but pricey

·
Banned
2,215 Posts
JoeZ (9/28/2009)
BigBrandon89 (9/28/2009)dude i meant to say lamberts but landrys seafood house is amazing too

throwedrolls.com
Eeew. You have issues.:poke

I like Papa Roco's down by the beach. Dirty, warm beer, great atmosphere.

Live Bait at The Wharf is great for suchi, steaks and about anything else as well.
whats wrong with lamberts?

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
It's just not my style. I've only eaten there once and was not impressed.

Hell, if you like it, that's all that matters. My favorite spot in Pensacola is a hot dog joint so ...

·
Registered
878 Posts
The original Lamberts was started in Sikeston, MO if you consider that "Southern" cooking. It is plain table fare and is better than many of the local bluecollar diners where I have eaten. I have eaten at all 3 of the Lamberts restaurants and the one in Foley is about the worst of the three, all things considered. The one in Sikeston rocks and the one in Springfield, MO is pretty good. I thought the prices were cheap compared to most restaurants down here and the large sized portions they dish out at Lamberts.

I had friends down for a week's vacation and they stayed at La Hacienda condo in OB. The had seafood at the Hazel's on the main drag there and said it was probably the worst seafood they have eaten ever!! I haven't been there but I took them to Doc's Seafood up North of OB and they raved about the food there!! they wanted shrimp and I suggested that they get the Royal Reds instead of the regular Gulf shrimp and they ate themselves silly on those shrimp! They were good but they didn't come close to the steamed Royal Reds at Old Bay Steamer on Okaloosa Island.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Tacky Jacks has good atmosphere but I think the food there has gone downhill so bad its not worth eating.

'F'iz you, I'd try the follerin'

Doc's = best for local easy going food IMO by far

P. Cove = cheeseburger and fries

Guy Harvey Grill = more upscale and pricey, got a mahi plate that is awesome

Grazie = pretty good Italian

The Keg = great hamburger but the place is disgusting.

Tin Top = all around good food

If you want to drive a bit, the Original Point over in Florida on Innerarity Point is killer. Its about 45 mins from OB.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Lambert's is usually a must when we hit that area. The line says a lot. Don't go any weekend during the summer or any three day weekend. Dang tourist. Hazel's isn't to bad either.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Guys

I know all about Hazels breakfast and the Original Oyster House. I appreciate all the other suggestions. Sushi at The Warf sounds great. Keep the suggestions coming. Where's Cosmos?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts