Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a pelican 12ft. kayak i live on shore line rd. 1min from the water what can you tell me to get started i read the fourm but dont understand some of the lingo what is the hump all i know is 3 mile and the pay bridge where do i start do ineed to wait till summer fresh water fiserman till know love the salt life

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Well, you could try it on your own, but it would be easier to learn by going with some people first to learn some saltwater basics, then strike out on your own.

The "hump" refers to the sections of 3 mile that are raised to accomodate vessels to ingress/egress under the bridge. The center is the BIG hump, and there are small humps as well (each end I think??). I only fish from the gulf breeze side, so I don't know much about the pensacola side.

Some people fish the Gulf breeze end of 3 mile, just a few pilings out, and have good luck. If you are deadset on going out by yourself, that is where I would start.

Small pieces of cut squid should catch plenty of white trout. Put a white trout on the line and catch a bull red.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts