Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out early to crooked island. Found a couple pomps and some Spanish.
Looked all over the place but couldnt find whiting or pomps in any kind of numbers. The bite was ok just the fish weren't where I thought they would be. Oh well, next time. I caught dinner so I am happy.
0508201134a.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thinking about heading that way tomorrow but I'm not sure with the 15-25 mph winds out of the NE. Do you ever fish the flats in that area for trout? I may just put in at DuPont and stay in East Bay.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The weather looks like crap tomorrow. I'd hold off until Sunday. The trout are doing well on the south side of crooked island sound straight across from the Tyndall AFB launch.
I stopped by there on my way on and picked up one. After I got it some really good size fish were chasing bait everywhere. The water was alive for a while. I put on a data spook and launched it at the feed. First time I ever caught a sail cat on a spook. I've never witnessed sail cats work bait like that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow...That's pretty crazy...We caught a sail cat on a gulp shrimp last week and thought that was odd...I'd never think of catching one on topwater...Bummed about the weather...I'll probably hold off until Sunday. Thanks for the info PJ!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts