Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Reedy Landing for the first time in years today. No river to be found. Walked several hundred yards up and down the old run and found no water. It has got to be there somewhere.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Walked a mile from one side to the other across the wetlands behind my house last week in my tennis shoes cuz I knew could for the first time since I could recall... it was a rare opportunity.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is above Milligan and below Hwy 2. It has to have made a new run somewhere. Good for hunting now because you can hunt the swamp by walking up the old river bed. Don't need a boat.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
The swamp across hwy 90 from Chili’s in Pace is bone dry. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it dry.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought some of the Baker guys would chime in. I am not sure if this happened this summer or not.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The Choctaw is so low right now I'm looking at yaking it for archery if rain doesnt show up. Can't get my skiff in let alone up river right now. Even the FWC guys Ive talked with wont use the ramps on the upper river.

·
Super Moderator
19,849 Posts
Been that way since the first part of summer. We’ve just been driving the truck all the way down to the main part of the river.

·
Registered
709 Posts
The river cut a new channel years ago and when it gets low enough all the flow goes through the new channel Reedy Landing has been drying up for awhile. One of these days the river won’t come through there at all unless it’s flooding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
709 Posts
Reedy Landing is dry again, if my Jeep had the new clutch installed I would of drove to the water. Didn’t want to chance getting stuck on the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts