Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the last couple of years I'm catching less and less fish in state waters on public reefs. Years ago it was easy to catch your 4 per person limit in no time. Is there some validity in the feds short snapper seasons. I have no problem catching snapper 20 plus Miles out.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Throw something different at them. We caught all of ours on butterflied pinner's and live cigs.

Larger Croaker's or grunts are our go-to.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Far too many fishing the same spots, ie few productive spots with many forced to fish in a confined area versus offshore. I will also add that offshore there are more fish to move to a vacant structure versus inshore.

·
Bearded Brotula
11,719 Posts
On the last day of state season, last year, I watched a guy pull up 2 12+ lbers off of 3 Mile Barge. He didn't know if they were in season or what the limit was. Just out there in an old boat probably fishing a rig that none of those fish had seen before. Who knows, but that spot gets hammered day in and day out. Even when snapper isn't in season. I was on it also dropping everything I could think of and not even getting a sniff. All I'm saying is, the fish are still on the reefs, they're just not dumb enough to keep biting the same thing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The fish move around a lot, they do not stay in the same place. I'm a diver and have dove 1 spot and not seen a thing the next week it's loaded. You just have to move to several spots till you find the bite.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
hey, jim,
man, i misread you're post. i thought you posted white snapper instead of water snapper.
i thought you got a limit on white snapper when we went to the rigs. lol
i told you the girl that likes them gives me honey for a whole porgy but you and ed would'nt believe me. whole porgie.com

jack

·
Premium Member
9,583 Posts
Damn commercial boats caught em all!

·
Premium Member
9,583 Posts
Not really

·
Registered
9,899 Posts
hey, jim,
man, i misread you're post. i thought you posted white snapper instead of water snapper.
i thought you got a limit on white snapper when we went to the rigs. lol
i told you the girl that likes them gives me honey for a whole porgy but you and ed would'nt believe me. whole porgie.com

jack

lol It was a good time fishing you! Hell, that was the first I ever went fishin... my arms are still like rubber bands....
Fish for honey, or is it hiney? ha ha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts