Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out of orange beach sat AM, I've never caught a big AJ so with pretty much every other season closed thats what we'll be targeting. Where do you guys think we should go? I want to stay within 40 miles if possible, but we can go further if need be.

·
Squid technician
10,498 Posts
I would go further for true monsters. Try the Marathon jacket, unocal 254 and the rigs right on the shelf about 60 miles out-the MP252's, 255 and 259.

I know this is a good bit further but those rigs are consistent producers of big AJ's.

·
Registered
557 Posts
You should be able to catch plenty of jacks at any of those locations, getting good live bait is going to be the key this time of year. The jigs will work ok but large live bait is a killer, good luck

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Haha, I have been thinking about doing the exact same thing on sunday. I have always wanted to fish the marathon jacket for some bruiser Ajs. If you end up going out there, make a report or drop me a pm saturday evening and let me know how you did.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replys. I think we are going to hold off and makea run to theMarathonon Sunday. We'll be on ch.68 if any of you are out that way give us a shout.

·
Squid technician
10,498 Posts
Well hell Kevin I didn't realize when talking to you about it yesterday that you were going Sunday. I'll be out there as well on the Betty B. We'll probably stop at the Marathon on the way out to our deep drop spots. Give me a yell on Ch. 68.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, we'll be in my boat. Leaving EARLY sunday am. Launching at Boggy Point.

·
Squid technician
10,498 Posts
Go to the offshore reports section, there are about a dozen reports from yesterday there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts