Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a glock and i wanna go shooting but i have looked online and i havnt found a range in pensacola does anyone know were i can go shooting?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Best safest place is Styx River shooting center. It at the Wilcox exit. 1st exit in Alabama on I-10 west in Alabama. About 15 minutes from hwy 29

·
Registered
8,495 Posts
My son went over there Saturday and he was talking about having to shoot at 25 yards until a 10 yard spot opened up so I'm assuming they have more than one distance.

·
OSOK
4,159 Posts
Santa Rosa Shooting Center off Quintette just over the Escambia River
Better call several times and see if they are open and I wouldn't make much of a drive unless you talk to someone and know they are open. Drove an hour one day within their "open hours" to go shoot and the gate was locked:mad:

·
Super Moderator
28,803 Posts
There is a nice place down in the middle of wedgewood..........
Heck a Glock would be under-armed fer that area!!!:whistling::whistling::whistling:

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Heck a Glock would be under-armed fer that area!!!:whistling::whistling::whistling:
You have never been more correct J!! Man I grew up in Beulah and I was one of the first that went to wedgewood middle when the did they changed the school districts. Wow was it a ride. I had to fight EVERYDAY no matter if I wanted to or not. The bus driver made us tuck our head between our knees until we got out of the area because of all of the rocks,bricks and bottles being thrown at our bus.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Did they fix the pistol range so you can shoot at all distances or is it still one fixed distance??
Yep it's fixed. I was there yesterday and people were shooting all distances on the pistol range.
Better call several times and see if they are open and I wouldn't make much of a drive unless you talk to someone and know they are open. Drove an hour one day within their "open hours" to go shoot and the gate was locked:mad:
I've never had a problem sine they changed owners. Only days they are closed is monday and tuesday.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Santa Rosa Shooting Center off Quintette just over the Escambia River

meant to do a quote, but that is where I go too. They have rapid fire on some days and have really fixed that place up. On weekends, they have a range master. I think, yes, Mon and Tue they are closed. Gotta take a day off sometime I guess, since on weekends, they get a good crowd. They also have a rifle range and I saw some guys shooting trap. Not sure what else they have or what they have planned.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts