Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used to go to Broxson's but they no longer do anything archery. Where is a good place to get my arrows cut to length?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
As much hunting that takes place around here, it’s surprising we don’t have a better archery shop than Mikes. There used to be the gun connection, archery overload, mikes, and buck and bass. I only use mikes because it’s the only option. Personally I think the archery shop is a joke. I’ve had some really terrible work done. I took my bow to archery pro shop in Saraland last time and was most impressed.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
There's probably a YouTube video that will teach you how to do it yourself! That's how I figured out how to replace my own garage door torsion springs and saved myself about $200!

·
Super Moderator
19,832 Posts
There's probably a YouTube video that will teach you how to do it yourself! That's how I figured out how to replace my own garage door torsion springs and saved myself about $200!
It’s easy to do the issue is most people don’t have the correct saw to do it. I’ve cut thousands of arrows, it takes less than a min for a dozen with the right setup.

·
Registered
732 Posts
As much hunting that takes place around here, it’s surprising we don’t have a better archery shop than Mikes. There used to be the gun connection, archery overload, mikes, and buck and bass. I only use mikes because it’s the only option. Personally I think the archery shop is a joke. I’ve had some really terrible work done. I took my bow to archery pro shop in Saraland last time and was most impressed.
This is exactly why I am buying a bow press, building a draw board, and buying an arrow saw. Saraland is probably the best one around besides the one that use to be in Atmore.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s easy to do the issue is most people don’t have the correct saw to do it. I’ve cut thousands of arrows, it takes less than a min for a dozen with the right setup.
Wanna cut some arrows I will make it worth your time!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I had Mike's restring my bow and the guy acted like I was nuts when I took it back and needed the peep lowered. My sight was maxed out and I still couldn't get it to shoot right. He tried to tell me that wouldn't fix it, but did it anyway, funny enough it shot perfect after that.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It's a bit of a drive but World Champion Outdoors in Atmore is great. The owner Tom is an old school bow tech that can do it all

·
Super Moderator
19,832 Posts
Used to go to Broxson's but they no longer do anything archery. Where is a good place to get my arrows cut to length?

I’m not setup to do anything right now. In the middle of a move and everything’s packed up

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
You can build a jig for pretty cheap. Plenty of youtube videos on building one. Biggest expense is the dremel and blade.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts