Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I have been 6 different times in the last month and have seen exactly one founder about 7" long and lots of sting rays. Been to Santa Rosa Sound, Ft. Pickens, Escambia bay, Grassy Point (too muddy that night) and haven's seen shit. I don't want any secret spots. I just want some guidance on what kind of water they are in this time of year. I know they will migrate out once it starts cooling down but until then what kind of water are you guys finding them in? No boat, I'm wading. Been thinking about making the drive over to Perdido or Johnson's Beach but that;s a long drive from Pace. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10-4

·
Registered
4 Posts
Damn that sucks! That's what this forum is all about, for everyone to communicate and help each other become or have better luck out there doing what we love to do.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,896 Posts
Try floridatown, plenty of shallow water there. Wade toward hwy90 to where that creek mouth is, should be some there. You can try the area off scenic hwy., park at the old chimney at scenic and langley ave., and walk down to the water. just keep an open eye out for them limp wristed people. If there's alot of cars parked there at the chimney, I'd go fish somewhere else.

Also if you park at the foot of bob sikes bridge (before going onto pensacola beach, wade that same side going away from the bridge (north side going west). g/l

·
Great White Buffalo
72 Posts
For whatever reason, I never see flounder when I see stingrays. Could just be my luck, but that's usually one of my key observations to move on. I've heard stingrays will agitate flounder and make them run off, not sure how true that is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts