Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· DFW Fisherman
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning Choctawhatchee Bay area fishermen. Don here from the DFW area asking for help about catching good eating fish in the bay area this week. My wife and I have been fishing the Pt Washington area in our pontoon and up till last week, before the cold weather/rain moved in, we caught several nice reds each time we went out. But yesterday, we could not even buy a pinfish bite on live shrimp. Where have all the nice eating fish gone?

Help! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

· DFW Fisherman
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yesterday, we fished the 331 bridge area from 11:00-3:00 and only found one spot with fish; a bunch of small croakers! Again, using live shrimp, but still could not get anything worth the time. I guess the cold front last week really scattered the fish?

Any thoughts about how long to wait till trying it again?

· Registered
3,437 Posts
Knowing and telling are very different animals. I don't mean me, I'm clueless. Nice red!

· DFW Fisherman
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Understand, and thanks for sharing. It seems that in times past, the PFF would have more information sharing about how to find and catch fish in the gulf. I really do not expect someone to share their "honey-holes", just share info that allows those that want to learn more about fishing to have a better experience. Anyway, we had a great time visiting and "hunting" for the fish this year.

· Registered
3,437 Posts
Understand, and thanks for sharing. It seems that in times past, the PFF would have more information sharing about how to find and catch fish in the gulf. I really do not expect someone to share their "honey-holes", just share info that allows those that want to learn more about fishing to have a better experience. Anyway, we had a great time visiting and "hunting" for the fish this year.
It may be a numbers thing - not as many active members as there once were, and thus perhaps not as many reading the post that have the information you're looking for. I would share if I knew, but I have never fished further east than East Bay off Blackwater.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts