Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad was is town and i took him fishing twice. The first day we went out in the bay and pass. we trolled about 5mph with stretch 25s and trolled for about 3 hrs. nothing you think we would have atleast fowelhooked a fish but no nothing. The we found the birds, there were about 100 pelicans and 30 seguals, threw bucktail jigs and grubs. NOTHING AGAIN. I dont get it. Second trip was Friday, Some one told me to slow down on the troll so i did to 3mph, we trolled for about 2 and half hours nothing pulled up went to the gulf looked for the birds notta. Found some bottom spots and fished them for a little bit with lures, grubs nothing. came back in trolled the pass ft pickens to the navy base to deer point and pulled them in called it a day. I really dont understand, 2 years ago i could go out and be trolling and hook up 2 at a time with the reds and also get a grouper. Day one we fished from 800am to 3pm and day 2 fished from 930am to 4pm. Anyone with advice, I REALLY would appericate it. THanks Joe

·
Registered
573 Posts
Did the same thing the other day . What saved the day we found some mullet schooling around some docks . Went home to grab the net made a couple of throws and my son caught 12 . I took 4 home put the peanut oil on and Ihad aGreat Dinner . You know sometimes you just cannot beat fresh mullet with the oil drippingoff of it as you pick it up and some cole slaw along with some baked beans: letsdrink Heck I'm hungry

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
budbreak96 (12/19/2007)Dad was is town and i took him fishing twice. The first day we went out in the bay and pass. we trolled about 5mph with stretch 25s and trolled for about 3 hrs. nothing you think we would have atleast fowelhooked a fish but no nothing. The we found the birds, there were about 100 pelicans and 30 seguals, threw bucktail jigs and grubs. NOTHING AGAIN. I dont get it. Second trip was Friday, Some one told me to slow down on the troll so i did to 3mph, we trolled for about 2 and half hours nothing pulled up went to the gulf looked for the birds notta. Found some bottom spots and fished them for a little bit with lures, grubs nothing. came back in trolled the pass ft pickens to the navy base to deer point and pulled them in called it a day. I really dont understand, 2 years ago i could go out and be trolling and hook up 2 at a time with the reds and also get a grouper. Day one we fished from 800am to 3pm and day 2 fished from 930am to 4pm. Anyone with advice, I REALLY would appericate it. THanks Joe
13 and 1/2 hours of fishing and nothing? Time to switch to deer hunting.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Um..Yea. Thats not it, Buddy and I went yesterday from @ 1200 to 330 and didnt catch shit. I have a 20 foot. Proline for sale, with a bunch of rods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts