Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has come up with any type of pattern please share, within the past 2 months I'v only seen 3 good Stripers landed* Iv caught 1 striper and 2 hybrids the past month and haven't been able to pick up a clue as to what to do next, the bites are so far few and in between that I cant say there is any correlation between the 3 fish I did manage. Is anyone else looking to land a BIG LINE SIDE this winter let me know and maybe we can get out and put our minds together, on a good note the weather looks promising nice and rainy cold windy conditions perfect for what I'm targeting hahaha tight lines and happy new year:sorcerer:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
8"-12" mullet carolina rigged towards the bottom slow trolled. BW river, Esc. River up by the plant or East river. Nasty weather are the better conditions.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
What tnt said, but don't use too much weight - 1/4 oz should be plenty. Also, try freelining a big mullet at the same time. If you have a trolling motor, troll your baits slowly (1-2mph) and leave the trolling motor on the same speed without speeding up/slowing down. Stripers a quite shy of motor noise, but they don't seem to mind a monotonous slow motor as bad. Troll your freelined bait waaay back, and you will do better pulling with the current than against it.

Stripers will also come to chum, especially live, crippled baitfish like menhaden.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts