Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking my kids to Orange Beach the third week in August from North Texas. I am bringing my 17 foot Alumicraft and was wondering what bay area would be a good start for gigging at night? I don't need anyones secret hot spot just a general area. Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am taking my kids to Orange Beach the third week in August from North Texas. I am bringing my 17 foot Alumicraft and was wondering what bay area would be a good start for gigging at night? I don't need anyones secret hot spot just a general area. Thanks
Hey Long horn , just find a ramp and head back to your east or you may want to follow the other boys over Ft. Morgan area they seem to hammer them over their ! Have a safe vacation and stick em like it your last time ! Hookem Horns !!!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Orange beach

Duck you are coming to a great floundering area. Launch at Boggy Point and you can start anywhere from there. It's all good. Good Luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Practice

Thanks we are going out tonight frog gigging for practice, I got some led lights today for the front of my boat. We have great stripper fishing if anybody gets up this (Lake Texoma) way. Thanks again.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Orange Beach Floundering

Boggy point can have some nasty currents for loading and unloading. I always launch at Cotton Bayou (I go by myself alot) and start floundering right from the boat ramp on the North or south side. Rarely will I make it all the way out of Cotton Bayou before Limiting out. I have stuck around 200 this year so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts