Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
March 23rd for either Boat or Pier (Here) , but Destin maybe the day before ?? ... Weather window will determine alot :letsparty

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I dont think they are late at all. Last year the first one was caught March 11th after the water temp was 60 61 62 the whole first two weeks of March. The water temp just hit 61 and its been cooler than last year so I think 1 week from now would put them right on time. I do hope sooner than later. Would not be surprised if a boat finds one after the west winds lay down.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
[email protected] (3/11/2010)I dont think they are late at all. Last year the first one was caught March 11th after the water temp was 60 61 62 the whole first two weeks of March. The water temp just hit 61 and its been cooler than last year so I think 1 week from now would put them right on time. I do hope sooner than later. Would not be surprised if a boat finds one after the west winds lay down.
What west winds? They might kick in once the front passes sometime tomorrow but still SSE over Destin way as we speak! Check out the Sea Height below, not fun!

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Freespool (2/17/2010)Im with Pat.I bet Full Pull will catch one in the later teens of march and then we wont see another fish for a week or more
They beat us by one day last year.. They dang sure can catch some cobes!!!! I hope to find one Sunday!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
[email protected] (3/11/2010)I dont think they are late at all. Last year the first one was caught March 11th after the water temp was 60 61 62 the whole first two weeks of March. The water temp just hit 61 and its been cooler than last year so I think 1 week from now would put them right on time. I do hope sooner than later. Would not be surprised if a boat finds one after the west winds lay down.
Last year Full Pull boated on the 9th........

41 - 52 of 52 Posts