Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What ya think is going to happen to our fishing privelidges once the well is capped and the oil is gone? How long do you think it will be before we are able to fish again? Or maybe it will remained closed as a recovery zone or safe zone or what ever you want to call it. The situation is bad but i'm worried more about the goverment using it as an excuse to stop fishing in our area permantley.There are some who would love to see this happen. Maybe i'm just worrying for nothing. I would like to see some other opinions on this so tell me what you think.I really hope i'm wrong. When do you think we can fish again?

And where the damn spell check at.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS. YES IT'S GOING TO TAKE SOME TIME. THE EARTH WAS MADE TO HEAL ITSELF AND IT WILL. GET THE GUSHER STOPPED AND NATURE ,WITH OUR HELP, WILL RECOVER. THIS IS NOT THE END OF LIFE AS WE KNOW IT. IT IS A VERY BAD SPEED BUMP THAT WE WILL SURVIVE, BUT WE CAN'T BURY OURSELVES IN SELF PITY AND ANGER AT THE REASON THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED. WE NEED TO PULL ALL OF OUR RESOURCES TOGETHER TO GET IT CLEANED UP. IF WE CAN'T FISH LETS WORK ON THE PROBLEM. GRIPING AND COMPLAINING WILL NOT MAKE THE SITUATION ANY BETTER.LET'S MAKE BETTER USE OF OUR ENERGY RATHER THAN BEING UPSET AND ANGRY AND CAUSING OURSELVES TO GET ULSURS. THIS WILL GO AWAY, LETS DEAL WITH IT AND GO ON.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
We will all be dead and gone by the time this "heals". "Hope" is not a strategy...

Yes the earth will rotate and in 750-1000 years it'll be like nothing happened to the GOM. But none of us will be around to be a part of the recovery - only the collapse of the entire brackish ecosystem. Tourist will start to come back to the beaches once they blow dry the newly dredged up sand. To suffer the simmering summers, hurricanes, no change of seasons, no terrain and not have the "water" to live and play in - no reason to stay.

OK enough sunshine for now. Let's talk when BP gets'r'turned off... Oh ya.. in about 60 days - longer then it's been pumping now and in TS and Hurricane season. Get ready for round 4 of "just suck it up and take it".

:crying
Stressless

·
Registered
9,787 Posts
to put it bluntly, the gulf is [email protected] to all of you bright-siders that think the oil just floats on the water and it can be skimmed up taken care of...wrong! keep in mind this stuff is coming from a mile down and has plenty of time to blend with seawater before we see it bubble up to the surface. BP will go bankrupt and throw their hands up, the fish will die, local seafood industry goes away, its very bad. i'm totally bummed about all of it. many of my best memories are of fishing in or around the gulf, and its a very real fact that i wont be able to relive those times with future generations. simply put, it will never be the same, the gulf has (and still is) being administered a HUGE dose of poison. i predict the river systems becoming very packed and over fished with folks trying something new or different.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
sealark (15/06/2010)
sure,icanfish (15/06/2010)to put it bluntly, the gulf is [email protected] to all of you bright-siders that think the oil just floats on the water and it can be skimmed up taken care of...wrong! keep in mind this stuff is coming from a mile down and has plenty of time to blend with seawater before we see it bubble up to the surface. BP will go bankrupt and throw their hands up, the fish will die, local seafood industry goes away, its very bad. i'm totally bummed about all of it. many of my best memories are of fishing in or around the gulf, and its a very real fact that i wont be able to relive those times with future generations. simply put, it will never be the same, the gulf has (and still is) being administered a HUGE dose of poison. i predict the river systems becoming very packed and over fished with folks trying something new or different.
I know I said I wouldn't but I just can't resist. BLENDED OIL AND WATER before we see it bubble up to the surface.:doh

Maybe not blended oil and water, but get out there in the gulf and look for yourself. Not just what you see or hear.

ChECH THIS OUT, THERE ARE OIL PLUMS THAT ARE UNDER WATER A MILE DEEP 20 MILES LONG. SEALIFE is DEAD,

WHat about this oil and natural gas in the plums underwater, what about if that oil and natural gas get hot enough and boom, Isnt oil and natural gas a ticking time bomb?

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
You can figure on new and used boat sales going down the tube. As if it's not already.

You can look to people that have a highly financed boats to default.

You can look for bait shops and boat repair shops to go under.

God only knows what the Government will spin on this and try to take more away from us.

·
Registered
502 Posts
yep, i respect the time you've put on the water sealark....I really respect your experience, but you were incorrect (wrong)the first time you posted that stupid chicken little picture in describing peoples' reaction to the oil crisis, and I think you posting it again is wishful thinking on your behalf. Granted, some peoplemay beoverreacting (if that is even posssible right now)....but I think we'll be lucky to see the gulf producing in all aspects as it did prior to this crisis anytime soon. The oil still leaketh kind sir and will for longer than it has already.

·
Registered
9,229 Posts
Ok, your Requests to remove and stop have been honored If I hurt any ones feelings by posting that picture I apologize.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
sealark (15/06/2010)Ok, your Requests to remove and stop have been honored If I hurt any ones feelings by posting that picture I apologize.
Thank you.

It didn't bother me that much, just a joke, but I have talked to some fellow PFF'ers about it and you riled some feathers with that one for sure.

·
Registered
95 Posts
X-Shark (15/06/2010)God only knows what the Government will spin on this and try to take more away from us.
<span class="huge">"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And whatI mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could notdo before."
<span class="bodybold">
Rahm Emanuel

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Fishing the GOM is not the only place affected. I can see the oil getting in the loop current and making it around the bend and go up the east coast a ways....The only thing I'm sure of is that the oil HAS to go somewhere, it's not going to stay in the GOM and go around in circles....

·
Registered
92 Posts
I THINK THIS WILL BE AN EXCUSE FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO SHUT FISHING DOWN ALL TOGETHER. THATS WHAT THEY WANT US TO DO ANYWAYS.. AND IMPORT ALL OF THE FISH.. NOT MATTER OF THE TASTE, BECAUSE THEY WANT US DEPENDED ON THEM AND OTHER COUNTRIES. PERSONAL OPINION...

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Magic Stick (17/06/2010)I THINK THIS WILL BE AN EXCUSE FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO SHUT FISHING DOWN ALL TOGETHER. THATS WHAT THEY WANT US TO DO ANYWAYS.. AND IMPORT ALL OF THE FISH.. NOT MATTER OF THE TASTE, BECAUSE THEY WANT US DEPENDED ON THEM AND OTHER COUNTRIES. PERSONAL OPINION...
The goverment wont have to shut it down, BP did that for us. Thank them. The sky isnt falling but the fishing in the gulf of mexico is pretty much over in our lifetime, and most likely our childrens life times.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts