Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never caught a big one and we finally got a boat this year so I really want to get out and try to get a few! I've heard its fairly easy and alota fun I'm just not too sure when to expect them or where to start looking other than floating grass or debris offshore. any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks guys!

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Caught a box car load just yesterday out of Destin and saw a bazillion in the school.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys i had no idea they were already here!!! did you guys catch em' trollin or just pitchin baits on the school cause the only one I've ever caught we caught trollin for kings on a duster rig with a ballyhoo and i really caught him by accident... whats a good bait to toss? I hear LY are good but i can never keep them alive longer than 20mins outta the pass and i also hear large white pomp jigs/buck tail jigs are good?

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
I caught them on a little yozuri crystal minnow, gotcha and pompano jig. I prefer the yozuri the most.

·
Squid technician
10,508 Posts
Plenty out there right now. Chum them up and get out some light spinning gear or a 8WT flyrod for some truly fun offshore fishing

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
FISHUNT7 (23/05/2010)How far do you have to go out of Orange Beach before you start seeing the chicken Dolphin?
The distance is not as important as finding some floating debree for them to hide under and feed off the small minnows under it also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts