Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard many different theories as to when the local rut happens. What do ya'll think and why? Michigan is always the first week of November but I hear it is always Feb around here. How can you tell and what makes the difference?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Its towards the end of the season here in FL. Thats why I bought a muzzle loader a few years back, seemed the season ended as the big one's were walking.

I'm not sure, but I think the weather plays more of a role down here. You just never know when its going to get cold. I think further north its not quite as unpredictable, but then again, I don't know.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
ive killed rutting bucks in the last couple weeks of Jan but mostly in Feb. buy a muzzleloader if you plan on killin bucks chasin does. i also hunt in evergreen al and the rut there is around MLK week. saw lots of bucks chasing does during that week last year

·
Registered
393 Posts
The week of Martin Luther King holiday you better be in the woods. That seems to be the right time almost every year. That is when I take a few days off work and sit in the stand all day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts