Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being up here in Tenn. I don't get as much oil spill information as I would like. Are they saying locally when the oil slick is supposed to come into the Pensacola area? I came down last week and got out fishing and was gonna try and come back next Tues., but did not know if I would beat the slick or not. Just wanted to know the local updates--Thanks

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
So far so good. Beaches and water beautiful

Hope for the winds not to change, but since end of next eek before they even try there next attempt, and it's still spewing, not good. Too much time for it to head this way. There is not a forecast that I know of for landfall here.

The only "forecast" that they say is "not in the next 72 hours". Thats how volitile this situation is. It could change in 3 days, and thats as far out as they can tell us were safe for now

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
weatherman (13/05/2010)No worries, come on down.

My take is that this was blown out of proportion for our area. Keep LA in your prayers though, they are taking a hit.
+1 but of course only time will tell.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Praying for the best expecting the worst. Its not here as of yet but still dumping bunches in the gulf with no end in sight!!!! I cant see our luck lasting much longer..

·
Registered
549 Posts
If they don't get that thing capped somehow, soon.It will eventually spoil the Gulf. We WILL be affected as will everyone along the Gulf Coast. Come down and enjoy our beaches and fishing now. We need people here NOW.

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Pretty interesting graphic of the present spill location and about a 3 day forecast of where it will be based on current trajectories. http://ocg6.marine.usf.edu/~liu/Drifters/latest_rtofs.htm
I'm from Tennessee, but I'm constantly checking the forum for updates and I'm really hoping and praying for the best. I'll be down there mid June to hopefully do some fishing and it can't get here soon enough.

Best to you all.
Brad

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
In the summer months we generally have winds out of the southwest most afternoons. Once this pattern starts, we will be in trouble if they do not hurry and stop the leak.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts