Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in PC Beach and posted here before as piscator on the old forum.

I am thinking about doing a charter out of Orange Beach or Venice with a fishing buddy who is moving away in a couple months. Any suggestions? The trip would be sometime after Christmas and before Easter.

Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The lump fishing in january for tunacan be pretty good out of venice. In April the yft's should be on the rigs and you can go to OB or venice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm a relatively new member, just getting into offshore fishing. I'm going out with a group of 5 out of Venice on MLK weekend. Fishing for YFT on Sat, and Wahoo on Sun. Hope weather cooperates. We're fishing with Capt. Rimmer Covington on a 39' Sea Vee with triple 300's. A friend fished with Rimmer 3 years ago when he was first mate to Capt. Peace Marvel of Reel Peace Charters. On that trip, they landed a limitof 50-70 lb YFT, plus one monster at 208lbs, whichsupposedly was the state record briefly.

·
Registered
96 Posts
BeachBlues,

You made an excellent choice by booking a trip with Cpt. Rimmer. I have fished with Rimmer several times since he has been running his own boat and know him on a personal level. He is very knowledgeable, dedicated, and motivated. He will do what it takes to put you on the fish and put them in the boat. The rest is up to mother nature!

Good luck on your trip andlook forward toreading the report.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts