Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the hurricane forum, but I think I may have mis-categorized it.

I realize that everyone's getting ready to be in "batten down the hatches" mode. I'm curious... After a storm/mild hurricane blows through, when does the fishing resume? After a Cat1? After a Cat2?

Do you need to be inshore, offshore, or surf fishing?

We're going to be in Perdido Key starting Monday, and I'm bringing my Dad and Father-in-law. This is kinda a "Last Hurrah" trip because my Dad's fighting Alzheimer's. It has to be now, we can't postpone it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Start fishing monday, the days before the hurricane should be good for fishing. The drop in pressure should send them in a feeding frenzy

·
Registered
10,760 Posts
And all the salt water washing in. I say imidiately after the storm, then wait a couple days with all the fresh water washing out? Just an opinion

·
Registered
111 Posts
I grew up on the gulf coast in texas and any big change in weather would always get the fishing going? Especially cold fronts I know I will try to be out monday and tuesday trying to get me some dinner:)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Fishing

Use Common Sense! If it's beginning to blow; get out of the water. Fishing will be good. See the thread on Barometric Pressure.

After the storm? Wait a few days then things will get back to 'normal'. You may have some difficulty getting there because of debris/power lines in the roads/streets. JMHO C2

·
Banned
416 Posts
the fish will be in a frenzy i don't disagree. but it is still baitfish on the surf right now. the nicer fish won't be coming in until it cools down. water temps are not only hot, but they are above normal. 86/87.. the east coast of FL is in the upper 70's.. and even west palm beach is in the low 80's..

the fish don't like temps over 80.. once water temps drops below 80 the whiting, pomps and quality fish will come back in the surf

1 - 9 of 9 Posts