Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hate to some dumb but I have never killed a hog other than as a kid with my Dad. My Dad and, Ihunted them when I was a kid with dogs and I joined in but, that was a very long time ago and, I don't remember the cleaning part or much else other than we hunted in some wet and, rough swamps. LOL and the butt whipping I got when the biggest one he ever killed and was going to mount was in the frezzer on the back porch and, I tripped over the cord and unplugged it.Remember all the stiches that our trail dog had to have when she decided she was gonna become a catch dog. I have heard some people say that you have to wait till cold weather to kill them is that true?The club that I joined this year is loaded with them and from everything that I have read and, heard that is bad for the deer. So I want to take out as many as I can without wasting any good eating. Besides I have more picture's on the trail cam of hogs than deer.Is there a certain temp. that you need to wait on or, do you just need to get them gutted and on ice ASAP. I have used the place in Chumalaka for deer processing in the past and they do a geat good for the life of me I can't think of the name do thay also process hogs? Also do yall clean them like a deer or is there more to than that? I have heard of folks boiling water and, dropping them in before cleaning. Like I said hate to sound dumb but, would rather do that than waste some good eating.Thanks, Gene P.S if anyone want to join me in thinning the herd this bow season or, during the gun season give me a call 525-3256

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.