Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a car top wheel chair carrier. The brand is called Tip Top. It is free to anyone that needs it and can put it to use. It is used to pick up the chair from ground level and store in the carrier on top of the vehicle. The only thing I can think of that may need to be changed is the clamps that hold it to the top of the car. You can contact the manufacturer or use one of the locals to install it an I am sure they can help out. I just want to see it go to someone that needs it. These go for 2k - 3k I can't remember what we paid for this one.

I can be contacted at 830-393-1318

Mark

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just a suggestion.......check some of the Charities that help Veterans. I'm sure they might line you up with a disabled Vet who could really use it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We tried a couple of times. Not sure why but when we tried to give to one of the charities that do provide help they did not seem interested. I guessif they had someone that needed it right then maybe they would have taken it. Anyway I thought I would list here in hopes of someone knowing someone that may need it.

Mark

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Will it work with most any chair, or does it have to be a specific one?

I am sure my grandad would love to have somehing like that, rather than stuffing it in the trunk everytime.

Thanks

Sky

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am sure it would. The brand is Tip Top. If you look on their website you can see how it works.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I witnessed a man the other night at the Marina Oyster Barn use one of these gadgets. They are very handy and totally automated. He was able to get out of his car and wheel into the restaurant after deploying the chair from the roof of his car, down to the pavement next to his open driver's door. He had zero use of his legs.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe that was my Dad you saw. When he got that car we got a new lift. That is why we have this extra one we are trying to find a home for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts