Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 556 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get asked that often. Here's mine. Garbo

Years ago when Steve owned the P/cola Pier(when it was madecompletely of wood)I fished it often and when someone fed a fish then missed the hookset, he was called a Garbo, sometimes Garb for short. I missed my fair share, but the name was the closest relation I had to Pensascola.

·
Banned
910 Posts
I wish my screen name was that interesting. It is actually my last name and my initials. Wyse being my last name and C W being my first and middle intitial.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
"ultralite"

not from those gocarts with wings but, from loving the feel of a big fish on the lightest tackle possible...

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Mine....Tuna Man.....

Upon buying my boat, my FIRST trip was to Venice, LA to hit the Lumps. All set with a HMS permit, off we go for a week. NOT ONCE in that week did we make it to the Lump due to fog. Had a great time otherwise. Took a friend from Greenville, MS. Due to back problems it might be his only and last trip.:reallycrying

Maybe I should of used "Non Tuna Man", but since have caught Tuna.

·
Registered
322 Posts
And I thought you were just another Greta Garbo fan:)

Mine was started from a 4x4 Chevy Blazer that was powered by a bigblock 454 "Rat" and lifted for 44" boggers as big as godzilla. Hence the name "ratzila" I had a personalized tag that was on the truck then transfered it to the suburban when I lifted it.

·
Super Moderator
5,922 Posts
I have been on my present job for 23 years. We have engines with 400k plus hours on them. Each time we take one down for maintnence, it's called "Downtime". Fishing is my downtime. Thus, Downtime2...

·
Registered
260 Posts
SharkSlayer came from my daughters favorite movie at the time "Nemo". I always went fishing with a priority of catching a shark but always came back without any. So when I went to look for a screen name for a fishing site she had it all figured out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i chose my new one lol (thats what i get for not logging on for so long) bc my fam says i have a big mouth... and the bass part, bc there is a sweet bass in my uncles pond that i have been trying to catch for a loong time now... one of these dayz.. and that bass will be mine!! :shedevil

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
"Off Route" boat name.

i'm in the trucking business and way back "when" i actually did some truck driving. the term for a truck driver when he is somewhere he's not suppose to be, he's "off route" so when i'm down here on my boat instead of working i'm off route.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was a kung fu instructor for some time, and our greeting was taos with fist in hand before sparring. I added the x for my generation. Generation X, therefore taosx.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just my initals. When I joined to old "Fish the Bridge" forum I didn't spend the time thinking up something clever, I wanted to get on and start talking fishing. Then I carried the same name over to Pensacloa Fishing Forum.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I was an Army Ranger for a while, our platoon was called the "Gloryboys" because we got all the good missions and got to be in all the commercials. So that is my connection to my old unit.

75th Ranger Regiment

3rd Ranger Battalion / Alpha Company / 1st Platoon / Weapons Squad

GLORYBOY's-----Gloryboys words of wisdom "If you're not cheatin, you're not trying-if you get caught you're not trying hard enough"----"Do what your rank can handle"----"your mamma didn't raise no p____y, act like one under fire and I'll kill you myself"

·
Registered
244 Posts
I know that some of you despise the thought of manatees for the no wake zone issue, but I have always felt a kinship to them. I was born and raised on the Florida gulf coast, in Manatee county. One time I was at a friends house on the water, we were on the dock just hangin' out and here comes a manatee pushing another manatee, that was dead, up to where we were. It was as if she was asking for help. Ever since I have had simpathy for those mammals. The exact term comes from the Jimmy Buffet song "Growing older but not up" for his reference to those old manatees headin south;

Sometimes I see me as old manatee
Headin south as the waters grow colder
Tries to steer clear of the hum-drum so near
It cuts prop scars deep in his shoulder
But thats how it goes (thats how it goes), right to the end
Though his bodys quite flexible, that barnacle brain dont bend

1 - 20 of 556 Posts