Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Whats your next goal?

5K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  sniperpeeps 
#1 ·
I like to set goals and get as far out of my comfort zone as possible. I like to learn new things and everyone that knows me knows I do my research and that I'm kind of a nerd.

This winter my goals are to figure out once and for all if there's a keeper Trout in East River, simply because it's close to home and I have only fished it three or four times. Each time I have fished it was to get out of the wind.

My second is to find the Stripers and land a 20 plus pounder.

What's yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
The 50" plus mark is impressive and I'm sure I will get to see some awesome photos.

I have never attempted sharking but I'm sure it's addicting. I don't need anymore hobbies!

#9 ·
1. Still never caught a slot red for the dinner table.
(I hardly ever target fish that I don't eat)

2. Love to catch a BFT in the Yak

3. Explore some of the local fresh water bodies and get a mess of bluegill like I used to back in Indiana.

Continue to learn this salt water, tides, species, techniques, etc.
Love it.

#21 ·
You have been kayaking for a little over a month? If this is correct you should really down size your goals.

Because this is flat out silly. Tow a ten foot shark to shore?

#20 ·
I just got my kayak 3 months ago. So far the catch list of note has been: 1 Tarpon, Mahi, Kings, 1 small Cobia, Spanish, Bonita, Flounder, Specks, and Reds.

Still looking to add to the catch list: Sailfish, Grouper, Snapper, Black fin, Black Drum, and Stripers. Installing my new F/F now to assist in my quest...

#23 ·
One month is not a few months and even after you have been told by guys with years of experience you fail to listen.

I really hope whatever scares you into listening doesn't kill you.

Good luck and be safe.

#37 ·
and don't ask to join. I'm pretty selfish in this quest. there's only one rod man and that's me. anyone else out there is for support and will keep their distance until its safe to leash yaks together. I have a very in depth and strict system when it comes to sharks on the yak and im not about to have crossed lines and people tangled in my mainline or have a fish land on their lap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.