Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Kayak Fishing Guide
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
10+ foot shark from the kayak. Landed and towed to shore, as long as it's a legal species to keep

You have been kayaking for a little over a month? If this is correct you should really down size your goals.

Because this is flat out silly. Tow a ten foot shark to shore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Kayak Fishing Guide
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
One month is not a few months and even after you have been told by guys with years of experience you fail to listen.

I really hope whatever scares you into listening doesn't kill you.

Good luck and be safe.

·
Kayak Fishing Guide
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I just got my kayak 3 months ago. So far the catch list of note has been: 1 Tarpon, Mahi, Kings, 1 small Cobia, Spanish, Bonita, Flounder, Specks, and Reds.

Still looking to add to the catch list: Sailfish, Grouper, Snapper, Black fin, Black Drum, and Stripers. Installing my new F/F now to assist in my quest...

That's an impressive three months.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks. I really enjoyed myself. Went out at least twice a week (wind permitting) I grew up in Miami on the water and fished all my life. Atlantic, Gulf, San Diego, fresh and salt. 1st Kayak but several boats thru the years.

·
Registered
168 Posts
You have been kayaking for a little over a month? If this is correct you should really down size your goals.

Because this is flat out silly. Tow a ten foot shark to shore?

yeah, I think the shark will be towing him. Unless you bring a shotgun with slugs and somehow put a few in the head while holding your rod.:001_huh:

Going to be taking a few trips this spring so my goals are to get a Tarpon and a Bonefish on the fly.

·
The Tourist
2,273 Posts
and don't ask to join. I'm pretty selfish in this quest. there's only one rod man and that's me. anyone else out there is for support and will keep their distance until its safe to leash yaks together. I have a very in depth and strict system when it comes to sharks on the yak and im not about to have crossed lines and people tangled in my mainline or have a fish land on their lap.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts