Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Kayak Fishing Guide
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to set goals and get as far out of my comfort zone as possible. I like to learn new things and everyone that knows me knows I do my research and that I'm kind of a nerd.

This winter my goals are to figure out once and for all if there's a keeper Trout in East River, simply because it's close to home and I have only fished it three or four times. Each time I have fished it was to get out of the wind.

My second is to find the Stripers and land a 20 plus pounder.

What's yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
10+lb trout

Break my PB on Tarpon next season. Both biggest and most in a day.

One other goal I won't mention ;)

·
Kayak Fishing Guide
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Break the 50" mark for redfish. & break the 8' mark for a shark, doesn't matter what species.

The 50" plus mark is impressive and I'm sure I will get to see some awesome photos.

I have never attempted sharking but I'm sure it's addicting. I don't need anymore hobbies!

·
Kayak Fishing Guide
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
10+lb trout

Break my PB on Tarpon next season. Both biggest and most in a day.

One other goal I won't mention ;)

I'm still trying to get one Tarpon and he wants double digit in a day haha

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Jason, you know what it is and know why I won't say!

By the way, we might want to plan our trip a little bit. It just over a week away.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
I'm still trying to get one Tarpon and he wants double digit in a day haha

No no, two separate goals but if they both happen in the same trip that would be great....and very tiring.

·
Registered
306 Posts
1. Still never caught a slot red for the dinner table.
(I hardly ever target fish that I don't eat)

2. Love to catch a BFT in the Yak

3. Explore some of the local fresh water bodies and get a mess of bluegill like I used to back in Indiana.

Continue to learn this salt water, tides, species, techniques, etc.
Love it.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Chris, why mention it if youre not going to tell everyone what you are doing and how youre going to do it?! Sheesh.

For me, Id like a striper. I went three times last year and had fun but no luck personally.
This year should be way better than last year for the stripers. Last winter was terrible for everything in that part of the river!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Man I had to read that again. I thought y'all were talking about strippers haha. Guess my mind was somewhere else

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I have a couple for this winter, spring.

Beat my 28" PB on trout
Catch a striper bigger than 10#

THEN...I'm going to start chasing line class records for species in our area.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Break the 50" mark for redfish. & break the 8' mark for a shark, doesn't matter what species.
Thafish;

In my opinion, the best bet for a 50" plus red is off the gulf piers in winter...we've hooked quite a few that when we got them close enough we estimated them to be between 50-60"...of course we broke 'em off so we never really knew...but they gave our king rods a work out!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got my kayak 3 months ago. So far the catch list of note has been: 1 Tarpon, Mahi, Kings, 1 small Cobia, Spanish, Bonita, Flounder, Specks, and Reds.

Still looking to add to the catch list: Sailfish, Grouper, Snapper, Black fin, Black Drum, and Stripers. Installing my new F/F now to assist in my quest...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts