Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a project boat and I'm thinking that this deal would sound better for me if I felt like the trailer was worth something. The boat is a early 70's model 26' long and it's sitting on a 26' triple axle aluminum trailer. I'm supposing that the trailer is late 80's maybe early 90's??

How much do you reckon a 26' triple axle aluminum trailer in avg. condition with avg. tires is worth?

** it does have hydraulic surge brakes and I think they are only on 1 of the 3 axles.

** the trailer has bunks and not rollers

** I'm pretty sure the wheels are galvanized not aluminum

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The trailer does have brakes, hydraulic surge brakes on 1 of the 3 axles. It has bunks, and galvanized wheels. The springs and all, are NOT crusty with rust.... Just average surface rust.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
SonShine Fishing (12/20/2007)That trailer would be over $3000 new. Type and condition of springs and axles, brakes etc. would determine value.
A new Magic Tilt would retail for close to $6000.

Regardless of age, if it is in good condition, minimal rust and brakes work. I'ld say it would be $2500 -3000.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Spend the time, one maybe two days, and REDO it yourself. UNLESS THE BRAKES ARE BAD. That would be a whole different story if you had to buy that also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts