Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bored and wanting to take a vote, what is your favorite lure of all time and what kind of fish you would use it for.

It could be soft plastic, hard baits, from a billfish to a Bass.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I use a lot of artificials fishing for specks and redfish. I've had a lot of luck recently with Gulp baits. But my favorite of all time has to be the DOA shrimp. I've caught more fish and more variety of species on DOA tan any other bait.

·
Registered
118 Posts
new penny gulps for reds andflounder. cut one up in little pieces, works great for pinfish and croakers. gotchas for spanish.

·
SaltWaterDave
1,847 Posts
Rattl-trap is definately the most versatile lure, I have caught everything from small mouth bass to yellow fin tuna including dorado, king fish, spanish, reds, trout and large mouth bass.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i like these. i've caught everything. bass trouts reds blackdrum croker, night/day cold/hot.
i love this bait. when u c it swimming, u'd probably eat it. <H1 class=breadcrumb_bold style="FONT-SIZE: 18px">Yo-Zuri® Crystal Minnow Magnum</H1>

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree with the Rattle Trap, My granparents live on Lake Seminole in Bainbridge Ga. And it and the carolina rig are probably the most popular baits round there. You can fish it in the deep stumpfeilds in the winter, and burn it through the hydrilla in the summer.:angel

·
Registered
943 Posts
Pop-R or any topwater lure that makes noise. Although the hook up rates aren't usually as good, I just love the big blow-ups you get on topwater lures. Good in fresh or saltwater for just about anything that eats fish or frogs.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
I have a lot of favorites but the one lure I've caught the most variety is definitely a white bucktail with or without a trailer. Depending on size it will catch everything.

Other than that I couldn't possibly make up my mind

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
Heddon Zara II. Awesome on trout, redfish, snook and tarpon.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My #1 go to lure is a thin body Gotcha silver w/ chartreuse head. To date I've caught spanish, cero and king mackeral, bluefish, a houndfish, small tarpon, jack crevalle, amberjack, a few grouper, some snapper, a flounder, speckled trout, white trout, red drum, ladyfish, a few snook, 2 pompano, a few blacktips and spinner sharks, cobia, and several tunas with them.

ohh and a couple of tripletail and a pile of dorado. plus thats what I use to catch hardtails for bait.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts