Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I horsed up a 30" Danforth anchor and 20 feet of rotten rope (long since abandoned, and not attached to a boat). Then not even 5 minutes later I hooked into a 6' cast net that had enough gotchas and spoons broke off in it to fill a small tackle box. The net turned out to be usable with a few patches, but it took me 3 hours to cut all the sabiki rigs out of it.

Seriously though, a few years ago we caught our best King Mac out around there. We ate on it for about three days before we decided to never bring a King home again.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
6' barracuda. my personal best.

jack

·
Super Moderator
28,384 Posts
I was fishing the Ozark and all of a sudden a reel started screaming....about 100 yards off the wreck I saw the Mass smoke stack surface then go down and never saw it again!!! Spooled my reel!!!!

Reactions: Bodupp

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
I killed 2 AJs that weighed 198 lbs total on the pool barge south of the trisler grounds about 30 years ago. Killed them with a 45 mag. Powerhead. Before any Regulations. Wonder what's left of the poole barge.

·
eating tasty
3,754 Posts
I killed 2 AJs that weighed 198 lbs total on the pool barge south of the trisler grounds about 30 years ago. Killed them with a 45 mag. Powerhead. Before any Regulations. Wonder what's left of the poole barge.

That’s impressive Sealark! The big one in my picture went 128, the second biggest I’ve seen went 93 and I speared him on July 4th about 9 years ago. All the others I’ve caught/been around were 60s or so.

Old big girl came from the SW as well, Marathon jacket. West must be best.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Most of those at "the dungeon" were caught on a ski rope, wireline leader, shark hook, and a big live hardtail. Usually about 90-100 feet deep.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Last year I horsed up a 30" Danforth anchor and 20 feet of rotten rope (long since abandoned, and not attached to a boat). Then not even 5 minutes later I hooked into a 6' cast net that had enough gotchas and spoons broke off in it to fill a small tackle box. The net turned out to be usable with a few patches, but it took me 3 hours to cut all the sabiki rigs out of it.

Seriously though, a few years ago we caught our best King Mac out around there. We ate on it for about three days before we decided to never bring a King home again.
I caught a decent size king there as well as slot and oversized red fish.
I typically don’t target the Mass for my main fishing spot. Usually just bait.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Is the Massachusetts really not there anymore?
oh, my fishslayer friend. it was a sad sight to behold. one of our best fishing spots just started floating away and now it's gone. looks like the gubment could have saved it for us but you know. bureaucracy at it's best.

jack

·
Registered
15 Posts
oh, my fishslayer friend. it was a sad sight to behold. one of our best fishing spots just started floating away and now it's gone. looks like the gubment could have saved it for us but you know. bureaucracy at it's best.

jack
Dang that sucks, If my legs not being pulled lol I was one of the last places I finished before my motor took a crap but now I have a brand new Yamaha Maybe it’ll be found one day

1 - 20 of 29 Posts