Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
losing a third of hookups on braided line slipping of jigheads / top water setups ,what's the knot to use or a way to keep the line from slipping thru.;)

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
If I was going to tie straight to my braided line (which I never do) I would probably just use a uni but go through eye of the lure twice. I always have a flouro carbon leader on though.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I've never lost a fish due to a knot with this one: Go through the eye 3 times, keep both loops formed. Go around the line 6-8 times, and then go back through the loop formed by the first twist and the two loops formed by going through the eye, wet and pull tight.

·
Registered
806 Posts
By far, the most easiest to tie a knot to a lure, jighead is this one:

Double your line, run the doubled line through the O ring or eye, then bring the doubled line over the single line, then back through the loop created, then bring your lure back back in between the doubled line in your hand, pull tight. Takes about five seconds and I have never lost a fish due to the knot coming loose and never will with that knot.

P.S. I second what Tyler0421 said, always use a flourocarbon leader.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Spider hitch to double braid, an improved albright with three turn uni lock to fasten leader and San Diego jam knot to attach everything else. I also use a San Diego jam knot to attach a swivel for bottom fishing.

·
Bearded Brotula
14,180 Posts
Spider hitch to double braid, an improved albright with three turn uni lock to fasten leader and San Diego jam knot to attach everything else. I also use a San Diego jam knot to attach a swivel for bottom fishing.
This.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
This works for me.

If I was going to tie straight to my braided line (which I never do) I would probably just use a uni but go through eye of the lure twice. I always have a flouro carbon leader on though.
And I use 8 to 10 wraps usually.

·
Banned
237 Posts
No mono/fluoro leader? I thought that was a fishing must (getting as close to invisible as possible, at least in fooling fish into hitting lures).

·
Blue man fishing Inc.
1,418 Posts
I tie a mono/flouro leader to the braid using a double-uni and then tie the lure to it using an improved fishermans not and never lost a fish due to knot failure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having problem with this also, I tried knot just to make sure that fish will not let go but somehow it helps just for temporary. So, I am still looking for the best way to do this. I could take all the comment thread in here and try them as sooner as possible.

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,306 Posts
I just use the improved clinch knot for inshore when tying braid to a swivel. In the last 10 years of using braid I have NEVER had it come loose. It's the same knot I use for mono or fluorocarbon.

My grandson took his Trout rod and reel to the Bridge Rubble last spring and caught a legal Amberjack on 15 lb. braid tied to a swivel and 20 lb. flouro leader with a Owner Mutu light circle hook all tied with the improved clinch knot.

·
Registered
154 Posts
3 loop for everything I use. From tuna and marlin to trout. Works for braid and mono. But always wet the braid before you pull it tight.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts