Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have a friend caught a twenty footer by the Perdido pass farewell buoy I believe him when he says it was as long as his boat Carolina Skiff.

Anybody For a swim. Not Me:boo

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
saw a 15' hammerhead eat a tarpon off the pier a few years ago... pretty impressive

also saw a big tiger at green's hole... don't know how big she was... every bit of 14'

someone told me one time that Myles colley saw a shark so big at the rigs one time that they hauled off and went to another rig... apperently it was Jaws' lil cousin or something...

·
Registered
895 Posts
16 ft Tiger caught on my dad's boat when I was about 7-8 years old. That was quite an awesome sight for me back then, would be now too I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
the day me and my wife where out shopping and the biggest land shark you ever saw tried to eat my wife. she got away and is ok. but i got a picture of the attack.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Shark diving liveaboard trip with Guy Harvey last year. Guy said this bad boy was 16ft. and around 1,200 lbs.

The guy in tis picture is 6'1" 220 lbs.

Same tiger.

Same tiger...about 1 ft. over my head.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
While on navarre pier years ago, a hammer head was coming from the west down the bar, When it got to the pier, It waslonger than the end of the pier. It turned around & checked us out for a minute.I threw a large hardtail to it. It swam upside down up to the bait playing with it. I'm guessing 18'. Largest hammer head or shark i've ever seen including Old joe from P'cola beach years ago. It swam away to the east down the bar. We watched itfor maybe 2 miles. The sharkHad no cares in the world. Wont ever forget that 1.:bowdown

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
capt.eugene (10/14/2009)
K-Bill (10/14/2009)
capt.eugene (10/14/2009)26 foot Tiger Shark when I was shrimping.
i just wanna make sure i'm reading this right. that's freakin insane if there's typo there.

Well lets say this.

The Boat was twenty four foot wide (24) the fish was longer than it was wide and it was caught in a net shrimping.
not arguing or calling you out whatsoever. i actually checked before i posted because i had no idea they got that big. like i said, that's insane - to see a tiger shark that big - not that you would claim you saw one that big. somethig else insane - those pics in the above post. that close to a tiger? no thank you, sir! awesome pics though.

·
Registered
993 Posts
A 12-13 ft. mako while ling fishing on the beach(not the bar)off of Shell Islanda couple of years ago.Numerous big boy(12-15+) Hammers around Crooked Island.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Every year the hammerheads gang up on the break off Oregon Inlet, in the Sept time frame I think. If you think seeing a 12' is scary, then you do not want to see this. There will be 2 miles of them, each from 6' to 20' long. I don't know if they are spawning or migrating or what.

I don't get scared on the ocean. Lightning doesn't scare me, big seas don't scare me, but that scene scares the shizane out me every time.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts