Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,570 Posts
i have 3 leupold's , 1 nikon left , 1 swarovski, and a ior valdata. ior has to be the best.

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,547 Posts
Meopta, Zeiss, or Leupold

You can't go wrong with any of them. I bought 2 Meopta Meostars last year and both are as fine scopes. I love the 4A reticles.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
i think you are all full of crap. i have a tasco i bought at w-mart 8 years ago. i paid 39.99 for it and my 308 is sighted in at 100 yards and i can shoot a deer at 450 yards and i only need to adjust bout an inch. HAPPY HUNTING

·
Registered
328 Posts
NOT TO DERAIL BUT CHUM BUCKET IF YOUR 308 IS SIGHTED IN AT 100yds (DEAD ON) YOU ARE FULL OF BS IF YOU THINK YOUR 308 WILL ONLY DROP 1" AT 450yds . :moon CHECK YOUR BALLISTIC CHARTS AND MOA!:nonono

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
Leupold Vari X III 3.5 X 10 X 50. Best bang for your buck. Incredible low light gathering capabilities.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
HEY IAMHOOKED, DON`T BE SUCH A SPAZ. IF YOU READ THE POST AND HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR OR COMMON SENSE YOU CAN PLAINLY SEE IT WAS A JOKE. COME ON MAN, AN 8 YEAR OLD TASCO, A 308 EVEN SHOOTING 450 YARDS. GIVE ME A BREAK MAN. GO HAVE A DRINK ANDSIMMER DOWN MAN:banghead:banghead:banghead:doh:moon:letsdrink:looser

OH YEAH I DON`T EVEN OWN A 308

·
Registered
913 Posts
IAMHOOKED (10/8/2008)NOT TO DERAIL BUT CHUM BUCKET IF YOUR 308 IS SIGHTED IN AT 100yds (DEAD ON) YOU ARE FULL OF BS IF YOU THINK YOUR 308 WILL ONLY DROP 1" AT 450yds . :moon CHECK YOUR BALLISTIC CHARTS AND MOA!:nonono
That was an inside joke directed at me

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you are in Pensacola come by Outcast and check some of them. I have leupold,nikon,and zeis in that price range. In that range you're looking atI'd personally go with a Conquest series from Zeis but thats just me.

Anthony

·
Registered
319 Posts
Whichever you get, don't install it without lapping..especially on a magnum! Once again, I'll do it for free. It's like align honing the crank journal on an engine block. It prevents warping and crushing which is very common as the rings are no where close to aligned. Once again, holler, I'll do that for free along with the boresight.

·
Lifetime Member NRA
558 Posts
i have a burris black diamond 4x16 50mm with posi lock .sight it in ,lock it and go , i hunt off atv"s out of jeeps in some rough areas ive sighted it in once and never touched it again. clairity lens quility and craftmanship are excellent. best of all MADE IN THE U.S.A. NOUGH SAID.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks for all the imput. Just thought i'd let you guys know what i went with. After looking at most of the one mentioned here i think i'm going with the Zeiss Conquest. Thanks again for all the info. Hopefully i'll be posting some pics after our arkansas hunt the second weekend of Nov.

·
Registered
433 Posts
The best place to get a scope that I have found is http://www.samplelist.com/

Not even a close second...I have bought 6 scopes from there and know of another 50 that have come from there and they are flawless with the best prices and service around...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Nikon hands down. i've done a lot of deer killing in Montana and found they stay very true and have outstanding clarity. I've consistantly made 200- 500yard shots with the one on my 30 06. my buddy had one on his 7mm shot perfect every time, he's the one that talked me into buying mine. i got shipped overseas for some years and could not hunt. once I got to Florida and joined a hunt club. hadn't shot the gun but once in 5 years ( had to test some body armor, not while i was wearing it though) anyway first day i go out a 8 point crosses my path and gives me about a 75 t0 90 yard shot, squeeze the trigger and bam and missed....I thought should have sighted in that scope it's been banged around moved from place to place. i was kicking my self in the butt. that gun has put every deer i have ever shot down where they stood. my hunting buddy comes out and helps me look for blood we find a little then get on the trail. we get in to the thicket he ran into and blood everywhere he made it about 60 yards shot hit perfect just where i was aiming heart and lungs. That's when i was completely sold on those scopes, they are the best.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts